Can not send mail

Old April 6th 07, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

Default Can not send mail

I have my own website and have been using that server.........just yesterday
OE 6 would not send my mail...I am getting mail, but can not send
mail......help!
--
Dyan
Old April 6th 07, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Sunny-PSP', Server:
'funzines.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
--
Dyan

"N. Miller" wrote:

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:08:00 -0700, Dyanlyn wrote:

I have my own website and have been using that server.........just yesterday
OE 6 would not send my mail...I am getting mail, but can not send
mail......help!

Any error messages?

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old April 7th 07, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Has this account /ever/ worked in OE, Dyan? (No way is "funzines.com" a
POP3 server.)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Old April 7th 07, 12:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

I'm guessing you don't use 'funzines.com' to connect to the internet.

Some ISPs block access to other SMTP mail servers while connected via
them. (They block TCP/IP port 25 except to their own SMTP mail server.)
Some of these ISPs will make exceptions if you present a compelling
reason to do this. The error messages may indicate network is
unreachable, access denied, or timeout errors (socket errors 10051,
10061 and 10060.) Another workaround for this is to use the SMTP mail
server of the service that you connect via, but leave your other
settings the same. In some cases you can use Port 587 or 465 rather
than port 25 (specify in OE at Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Advanced). Your ISP is more likely to allow this port. The SMTP mail
server has to support this port. SMTP Authentication will likely be
required. In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Servers, Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires Authentication.

Old April 7th 07, 01:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

Yes, it has worked for over 4 years at these settings.
POP3
incoming: funzines.com
outgoing: funzines.com

As far as I know nothing has changed at my web site server..since I receive
mail just fine, I am not thinking it is on their end, but can not reach
them...I have been using comcast.net as my isp for over 2 years...nothing
changed there yesterday, according to them...I am going to try that stmp, in
different combinations....perhaps something will work I will get back to
you...thank you so much for your help.
--
Dyan

Old April 7th 07, 01:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

I forgot to mention previously....when I was talking to my isp comcast today,
I set up my comcast email address in outlook express per her instructons, it
failed to send mail also. TY again
--
Dyan

Old April 7th 07, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

I very much doubt Comcast (like just about any US-based ISP) would allow you
to Send mail using anything but the Comcast SMTP server, Dyan.

Do you own funzines.com*? Who hosts the website? Have you checked with
your host?

* some questionable ads/links there
--
~PA Bear

Old April 7th 07, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

Well, well, I spoke to comcast.....and they will not block me from using my
website email, but do not support it...duh........so I set up my comcast
email in outlook and it worked............so the problem is not on my side or
outlook express.........I want to thank you all for all the help you
provided........I was a mess.........but all good now.....
--
Dyan