E-mail to Group without showing e-mail addresses to everyone

Old April 6th 07, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Anders Hellstrom

Default E-mail to Group without showing e-mail addresses to everyone

BlankAs secretary for our Homeowners Association I want to send e-mail to the members (60) I have
listed as a group in my Outlook Express Address Book as follows:
1. I do not want to show all e-mail addresses to everyone.
2. In the "To:" I want to show the recipients address only.
3. In the "From:" I want to show my address (Name in most cases).

How do I accomplish this without having to send each e-mail manually?

Hope anyone can help,
Anders

Old April 6th 07, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You can't show each recipients own name without a third party program. The
best way would be to make a group name to use as the Display and use your
address.

To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, In Create Mail, either click
View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the
To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them
in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it.
Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most ISPs have limits as to how
many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is common, but it varies).

Put your own address in the To box. This is the only address/name that any
recipient will see. If you leave the To field blank, some people may not
receive the e-mail due to message rules they have set up, or restrictions
set by their ISP.

*********************

You can also create groups if you send mail to the same people often.

To create a group of contacts:

You can create a single group name (or alias) to use when sending a message
to several contacts at once. Simply create a group name and add individual
contacts to the group. Then, just type the group name in the To box when you
send e-mail.

1.. In the Address Book, select the folder in which you want to create a
group. Click New on the toolbar, and then click New Group.
2.. The Properties dialog box opens. In the Group Name box, type the name
of the group.
3.. There are several ways to add people to the group:
a.. To add a person from your Address Book list, click Select Members,
and then click a name from the Address Book list.
b.. To add a person directly to the group without adding the name to
your Address Book, type the person's name and e-mail address in the lower
half of the Properties dialog box, and then click Add.
c.. To add a person to both the group and your Address Book, click New
Contact and fill in the appropriate information.
d.. To use a directory service, click Select Members, and then click
Find. Select a directory service from the drop-down list at the end of the
text box. After finding and selecting an address, it is automatically added
to your Address Book.
4.. Repeat for each addition until your group is defined.

Note

a.. To view a list of your groups separately from the Address Book listings,
in the Address Book, on the View menu, make sure that Folders and Groups is
selected.

b.. You can create multiple groups, and contacts can belong to more than one
group.

If you want to send to a group without all the addresses being shown to each
recipient, open the Address Book and make a new entry. Enter the group name
in the Display field, but use your address. (Some ISPs require a legitimate
address in the To line, and the recipients will know it is from the group).

Click the To button | Enter the group name using your address in the To
field | Enter the Group in the BCC field.

Third party program to show each recipients name only.

Mail Merge:
http://www.office-addins.com/-outloo...okexpress.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old April 7th 07, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

If you want each person's name, and only their name, to appear in the TO
field, you need to send a separate message to each person. That is the
nature of mail on the Internet. When you send one piece of mail to
multiple people, they all get identical TO and CC fields. The only way
to get unique TO and/or CC fields is to send separate messages. It's
tedious to do that in OE. There are some bulk mailer programs designed
for this. You might try the shareware sites. There are links to
shareware sites in the URL in my signature. Also, Outlook2000+ can do
this as part of an e-mail/merge.

Send Personally for Outlook Express