Old April 7th 07, 03:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dyanlyn

Default Can not send mail

Well, well, I spoke to comcast.....and they will not block me from using my
website email, but do not support it...duh........so I set up my comcast
email in outlook and it worked............so the problem is not on my side or
outlook express.........I want to thank you all for all the help you
provided........I was a mess.........but all good now.....
--
Dyan

"PA Bear" wrote:

I very much doubt Comcast (like just about any US-based ISP) would allow you
to Send mail using anything but the Comcast SMTP server, Dyan.

Do you own funzines.com*? Who hosts the website? Have you checked with
your host?

* some questionable ads/links there
--
~PA Bear

Dyanlyn wrote:
Yes, it has worked for over 4 years at these settings.
POP3
incoming: funzines.com
outgoing: funzines.com

As far as I know nothing has changed at my web site server..since I
receive
mail just fine, I am not thinking it is on their end, but can not reach
them...I have been using comcast.net as my isp for over 2 years...nothing
changed there yesterday, according to them...I am going to try that stmp,
in
different combinations....perhaps something will work I will get back to
you...thank you so much for your help.

Has this account /ever/ worked in OE, Dyan? (No way is "funzines.com" a
POP3 server.)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Dyanlyn wrote:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Sunny-PSP', Server:
'funzines.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:08:00 -0700, Dyanlyn wrote:

I have my own website and have been using that server.........just
yesterday OE 6 would not send my mail...I am getting mail, but can not
send mail......help!

Any error messages?