How to make OE 6 show all messages in an imap inbox?

Old September 8th 06, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dmitry Kopnichev

Default How to make OE 6 show all messages in an imap inbox?

Hello!
My imap accout Inbox began to show only one messge of 200 messages in the
indox. I can see them all through a web interface and in OE 6 on another
computer. How to make OE 6 show all messages in the inbox again?
Best regards,
Dima
+79163876746

Old September 8th 06, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

If you change synchronization to All Messages and then connect and select
Synchronize, you should get them all unless you've marked them to be purged.
You might want to review the Help section for IMAP accounts and review the
info there.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Hello!
My imap accout Inbox began to show only one messge of 200 messages in the
indox. I can see them all through a web interface and in OE 6 on another
computer. How to make OE 6 show all messages in the inbox again?
Best regards,
Dima
+79163876746

Old September 9th 06, 07:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks Jim Pickering for replying.
I changed synchronization to All Messages and then connected and selected
Synchronize, I did not get all messages. I have not marked them to be
purged. There is nothing about my problem in the Help.
"Jim Pickering" wrote in message
If you change synchronization to All Messages and then connect and select
Synchronize, you should get them all unless you've marked them to be
purged. You might want to review the Help section for IMAP accounts and
review the info there.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Hello!
My imap accout Inbox began to show only one messge of 200 messages in the
indox. I can see them all through a web interface and in OE 6 on another
computer. How to make OE 6 show all messages in the inbox again?
Best regards,
Dima
+79163876746

Old September 9th 06, 10:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

What do you have marked under View, Current View?
--
Ron Sommer

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
: Thanks Jim Pickering for replying.
: I changed synchronization to All Messages and then connected and selected
: Synchronize, I did not get all messages. I have not marked them to be
: purged. There is nothing about my problem in the Help.
: How to make OE 6 show all messages in the inbox again?
: "Jim Pickering" wrote in message
: ...
: If you change synchronization to All Messages and then connect and
select
: Synchronize, you should get them all unless you've marked them to be
: purged. You might want to review the Help section for IMAP accounts and
: review the info there.
: --
: Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
:
[...]

Old September 9th 06, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

What are your View Settings? Try changing them to View/Current View/Show
All Messages. If that does not do it, then you may have to use some other
means of accessing the server (web interface available?) to mark the
messages you wish to download as unread, though I would first be concerned
that they may not be retained on the server. In any case, contact the host
for your IMAP server and find out what your options are. We have no idea.
[...]

Old September 10th 06, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks Jim Pickering and Ron Sommer for replying.
View Settings was and is View/Current View/Show All Messages. The Web
interface and another OE6 show that all 220 messages are retained on the
server. The host for my IMAP server says that since another OE6 on another
computer sees all mesages, the problem is with OE6, not with IMAP e-mail
service.
[...]

Old September 10th 06, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Thanks Jim Pickering and Ron Sommer for replying.
View Settings was and is View/Current View/Show All Messages. The Web
interface and another OE6 show that all 220 messages are retained on the
server. The host for my IMAP server says that since another OE6 on another
computer sees all mesages, the problem is with OE6, not with IMAP e-mail
service.

Do you know this other user? If so, you could both turn on the IMAP
troubleshooting log and then compare the two logs to see what the
differences were. In any case, the IMAP.log could give you more
clues about your own case which may help improve your symptom
description. (Hint: troubleshooting logs are activated from the Options,
Maintenance tab.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old September 10th 06, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks Ron Sommer for replying.
There are no View Settings besides Show all messages checked.
"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
[...]

Old September 10th 06, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress.wishlist,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks Robert Aldwinckle for the IMAP troubleshooting log hint.
This other user is me. I turned on the IMAP troubleshooting log. Where are
the logs saved?