Cannot read own postings since a while

Old May 15th 06, 07:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
viktor weisshaeupl

Default Cannot read own postings since a while

Since a while I cannot read my own news postings though they arrive and can be
read on webbased newssites. I can read my older postings though. I have gone
through the OE config and haven´t seen anything which would remind me of turning
on or off reading own postings. I have even installed new accounts at different
providers, same problem. So I think the problem must be here on my OE. Any idea?

--
Viktor Weisshäupl
The e-mail address in the header is never read

Old May 15th 06, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

View | Current View: Show All Messages & Group Messages By Conversation.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old May 19th 06, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
viktor weisshaeupl

"Bruce Hagen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
View | Current View: Show All Messages & Group Messages By Conversation.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

That´s what it has been all the time. Now I wiped off all newsaccounts. I
installed one account again, also two newsgroups I have been posting to. I can
see the replies to my questions but not my question itself. So I could see your
reply without my first posting. Very mysterious.

Old May 20th 06, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

The only things I can think of now a

You may have a damaged identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create
a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the
old identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169

Or:

Remove each news account | Compact | Reboot, and add the accounts back.

In Tools | Options | Read - Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time.

Old May 20th 06, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Also the problem may be related to the retention time of messages on his
news server. He could try connecting to these newsgroups directly via
Microsoft's server and not his utanet server.
--
Jim

Old May 20th 06, 06:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ottmar Freudenberger

"viktor weisshaeupl" schrieb_

Since a while I cannot read my own news postings though they arrive and can be
read on webbased newssites. I can read my older postings though.

You don't have an entry in the Blocked Senders List which matches your
own mail address or name, do you?

Bye,
Freu"Whyever you're not asking in the german languaged OE6 newsgroup"di
Old May 20th 06, 10:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
viktor weisshaeupl

"Ottmar Freudenberger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"viktor weisshaeupl" schrieb_

You don't have an entry in the Blocked Senders List which matches your
own mail address or name, do you?

Yes, I did have. I happened to figure that out a few minutes ago before reading
your posting. But I can just guess how it happened. I use the
roskakori=garbage-bin address to hold the spam which inevitably arrives when
using really existing addresses in newsgroups. I have created a rule that mail
from this address is not downloaded. Very probably I created it for news instead
of mail by error.

Bye,
Freu"Whyever you're not asking in the german languaged OE6 newsgroup"di

Nowadays I avoid using German speaking newsgroups if anyhow possible. There is a
big cultural difference between German and English speaking newsgroups. When you
ask something in an English speaking group, you usually get an answer in polite
normal language. In German speaking groups there are a lot of folks around which
tell you then, what you have done wrong in your posting, why you should use
capitals whenever necessary, why not cite like that, they try to blame you for
not having read all 10000 postings in the last 5 years etc etc often in a very
aggressive style. So I rather use either English, sometimes also Finnish or
Swedish newsgroups.

Bye
Viktor

Old May 20th 06, 06:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ottmar Freudenberger

"viktor weisshaeupl" schrieb:

Freu"Whyever you're not asking in the german languaged OE6 newsgroup"di

Nowadays I avoid using German speaking newsgroups if anyhow possible. There is a
big cultural difference between German and English speaking newsgroups. When you
ask something in an English speaking group, you usually get an answer in polite
normal language. In German speaking groups there are a lot of folks around which
tell you then, what you have done wrong in your posting, why you should use
capitals whenever necessary, why not cite like that, they try to blame you for
not having read all 10000 postings in the last 5 years etc etc often in a very
aggressive style.

Aha. I don't know, if you ever posted to the german languaged OE6
newsgroup. Wait a minute - you did. Now I'm wondering even more,
what you're understanding of an "aggressive style" might be. Anyhow,
that's not true from my perspective. And yes, I'ld prefer solutions.

Bye,
Freu"Thanks for MIMEing g"di