Calendar Help. I can't retrieve my calendar folder after a crash

Old September 14th 07, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Charlotte Hinger

Default Calendar Help. I can't retrieve my calendar folder after a crash

I had an older calendar backed up. I need the appointment details, but all I
seem to be able to import are blank calendars. However, there is (257) next
to the folder and I suspect it might the record of all my appointments if I
could just get to it.
Old September 15th 07, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Your calendar folder is part of a .PST file, which holds all your Outlook
items. What method are you using to attempt to get your data back into
Outlook? The number next to your Calendar folder can mean one of two
things...if it's blue and in parentheses, it is the number of unread items in
the folder; if it's green and in square brackets, it's the total number of
items in the folder.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 17th 07, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Charlotte Hinger

Default Calendar Help. I can't retrieve my calendar folder after a cr

Thank you so much for the reply. I checked and its green and in square
brackets. Now how do I get this to show in the primary calendar?

Old September 17th 07, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

I am still missing some information from you:

1) Where is your backed-up data? Is it in a file? How are you opening the
file?
2) What view is set on the Calendar folder that has [257] next to the folder
name?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 18th 07, 01:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Charlotte Hinger

It's in a folder that shows up in Outlook labeled "Calendar in Recovered
Personsal folders" [257] and it's set for the monthly view. Thanks.

Old September 19th 07, 08:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Can you see the items if you switch your view of the Calendar to an
unfiltered table-style view, such as All Appointments?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 19th 07, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Charlotte Hinger

I've checked about every view and don't see an "All Appointments" choice.
But I've turned all the filters off.

However, I've done an advanced search on this "Calender in Recovered
Personal Folders [257]" and can find an appointment through a search, so the
info is there. But this calendar is part of number of open PST files that
I'm trying to salvage, and I'll bet I need to move it up to the primary PST
folder. I don't know how to do this. Is it an export/import problem?

Thanks.

Old September 20th 07, 06:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

You should be able to see the items in any folder, whether or not the folder
is in your default .PST file. What views do you see available for the
Calendar? How about By Category? Where are you looking for available views?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Old September 20th 07, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Charlotte Hinger

I can see these appointments/events if I change the start-end field to
created, but then the time is wrong. the view shows went I recorded the
event. I can see a listing under Active appointments that has the items in
the past. However, when I click on an individual item it defaults to todays
date, although it says the event occurs in the past.

This is Outlook 2003, and I'm running Vista Business. I've tried created a
new item with todays date in calendar, and that shows up just fine. Using
the start-end selection.

I've tried dragging and dropping items from the "recovered file" to the new
calendar but it didn't work because it defaulted to today's date and didn't
show up as the right time in the calendar.

Old September 21st 07, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

So you're saying the Start and End dates are all being changed to today's
date? (Just trying to clarify further...) If not, then which date field is
showing today's date?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook