A Microsoft Outlook email forum. Outlook Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Outlook Banter forum » Microsoft Outlook Email Newsgroups » Outlook - Calandaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 1st 06, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
guy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 33
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

Some users have reported that after viewing tentative or cancelled items in
Public Folder calendars for Meeting Rooms, these items appear in their
personal calendars automatically, even though they have not been invited to
these meetings. Is there a way of preventing this from happening?


We have an Exchange 2000 server and are using Outlook 2003.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.
Ads
  #2  
Old February 1st 06, 04:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,651
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

I've heard other reports of this but have not been able to duplicate it. If you can provide exact steps to replicate the behavior, it would be a great help. Maybe it has something to do with how the appointments were added to the PF calendars?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx


"Guy" wrote in message ...
Some users have reported that after viewing tentative or cancelled items in
Public Folder calendars for Meeting Rooms, these items appear in their
personal calendars automatically, even though they have not been invited to
these meetings. Is there a way of preventing this from happening?


We have an Exchange 2000 server and are using Outlook 2003.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

  #3  
Old February 1st 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
guy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 33
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the fast reply to my query, I think the way they create these
appointments is from their own calendars (for tracking purposes) and adding
the Meeting Room as a resource. This creates a tentative appointment in the
Public folder's calendar, until another user accepts the meeting request on
behalf of the meeting room.

As said previously, when another user (who has not been invited to the
meeting) reviews the appointment in the public folder calendar, this meeting
is automatically copied in to their personal calendar, and when they attempt
to delete the meeting from their personal calendar are asked if they want to
send a response to the meeting organiser/or to just delete the meeting with
no response.

Hope this is the sort of information that you're after.....

Best wishes,

Guy


"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

I've heard other reports of this but have not been able to duplicate it. If you can provide exact steps to replicate the behavior, it would be a great help. Maybe it has something to do with how the appointments were added to the PF calendars?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx


"Guy" wrote in message ...
Some users have reported that after viewing tentative or cancelled items in
Public Folder calendars for Meeting Rooms, these items appear in their
personal calendars automatically, even though they have not been invited to
these meetings. Is there a way of preventing this from happening?


We have an Exchange 2000 server and are using Outlook 2003.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.


  #4  
Old March 20th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
אסף
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.


"Guy" wrote:

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the fast reply to my query, I think the way they create these
appointments is from their own calendars (for tracking purposes) and adding
the Meeting Room as a resource. This creates a tentative appointment in the
Public folder's calendar, until another user accepts the meeting request on
behalf of the meeting room.

As said previously, when another user (who has not been invited to the
meeting) reviews the appointment in the public folder calendar, this meeting
is automatically copied in to their personal calendar, and when they attempt
to delete the meeting from their personal calendar are asked if they want to
send a response to the meeting organiser/or to just delete the meeting with
no response.

Hope this is the sort of information that you're after.....

Best wishes,

Guy


"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

I've heard other reports of this but have not been able to duplicate it. If you can provide exact steps to replicate the behavior, it would be a great help. Maybe it has something to do with how the appointments were added to the PF calendars?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx


"Guy" wrote in message ...
Some users have reported that after viewing tentative or cancelled items in
Public Folder calendars for Meeting Rooms, these items appear in their
personal calendars automatically, even though they have not been invited to
these meetings. Is there a way of preventing this from happening?


We have an Exchange 2000 server and are using Outlook 2003.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.


  #5  
Old March 23rd 06, 06:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,651
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

What are the exact symptoms of your problem? And in what version, including build number, of Outlook?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"אסף" wrote in message ...
We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.


  #6  
Old March 26th 06, 11:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
אסף
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

Outlook version 2003 standard 11.8002.6568 SP2
the users of the public folder (calender) are difened as authers of the
folder.
when double clicking on an event/meeting in the public folder, they find it
in their own calender, even though they just wanted to view the details of
the meeting, and they were not invited to it.




"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

What are the exact symptoms of your problem? And in what version, including build number, of Outlook?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"אסף" wrote in message ...
We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.



  #7  
Old April 4th 06, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
guy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 33
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

In answer to Sue, we are using Outlook 2003 Professional 11.8002.6408 SP1,
and again the users have author rights to the public folder. The symptoms are
the same as decribed by אסף.

"אסף" wrote:

Outlook version 2003 standard 11.8002.6568 SP2
the users of the public folder (calender) are difened as authers of the
folder.
when double clicking on an event/meeting in the public folder, they find it
in their own calender, even though they just wanted to view the details of
the meeting, and they were not invited to it.




"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

What are the exact symptoms of your problem? And in what version, including build number, of Outlook?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"אסף" wrote in message ...
We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.



  #8  
Old April 6th 06, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,651
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

So, when a user double-clicks an appointment in this calendar folder in the Public Folders hierarchy, the user gets a copy of the appointment on their own mailbox Calendar folder?

How were these appointments created? Directly in the folder or by inviting the public folder to a meeting?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Guy" wrote in message ...
In answer to Sue, we are using Outlook 2003 Professional 11.8002.6408 SP1,
and again the users have author rights to the public folder. The symptoms are
the same as decribed by אסף.

"אסף" wrote:

Outlook version 2003 standard 11.8002.6568 SP2
the users of the public folder (calender) are difened as authers of the
folder.
when double clicking on an event/meeting in the public folder, they find it
in their own calender, even though they just wanted to view the details of
the meeting, and they were not invited to it.

We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.


  #9  
Old May 19th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Treesy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Public Folder Calendars - Viewing Tentative Messages

I am also having this issue. And it also seems to happen randomly. Not sure
if the calendar is a "public folder" calendar but it is for a meeting room
that I'm in charge of. People set up meeting requests and "invite" the room
so they can reserve the room. The Meeting Room is like another "user", it
has its own inbox, calendar, deleted items, tasks, etc. I just have the
inbox and calendar listed in my Outlook shortcuts so I can see when something
shows up in the inbox (the number shows up for unread items). When I see
there is something in the inbox, I open the request and if there are no
conflicts, I accept it. Every once in a while, I notice an odd item on my
own calendar and it turns out to be a meeting that I accepted for the meeting
room. On my calendar, it shows as tenative and that I haven't accepted it
yet. On the meeting room calendar, it shows when I accepted and the time as
busy. I'm only one with access to view the actual calendar so I know these
requests are created from someone elses calendar and they invite the meeting
room. I've looked at the requests to see if I can see a difference between
one that showed on my calendar and one that did not. I can't see any
difference. They always put the meeting room as a required attendee and I
always accept the requests the same way. This seemed to start when they
upgraded my computer from Windows XP to Windows 2003. I am using Outlook
2003 (11.5608.5606). Is this just some weird quirk I need to get used to?

Thanks!!

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

So, when a user double-clicks an appointment in this calendar folder in the Public Folders hierarchy, the user gets a copy of the appointment on their own mailbox Calendar folder?

How were these appointments created? Directly in the folder or by inviting the public folder to a meeting?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Guy" wrote in message ...
In answer to Sue, we are using Outlook 2003 Professional 11.8002.6408 SP1,
and again the users have author rights to the public folder. The symptoms are
the same as decribed by אסף.

"אסף" wrote:

Outlook version 2003 standard 11.8002.6568 SP2
the users of the public folder (calender) are difened as authers of the
folder.
when double clicking on an event/meeting in the public folder, they find it
in their own calender, even though they just wanted to view the details of
the meeting, and they were not invited to it.

We have the same problem with a public calendar folder of a meeting room. I
was told to check if the users who get the copy of the meeting are set as
authers or editors of the folder, but that didn't fix the problem.
It happens randomly.



 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sharing calendars in public folders jmac955i Outlook - Calandaring 1 January 30th 06 11:26 PM
Email Messages Sent To Public Calendars Dennis Outlook - Calandaring 4 January 27th 06 05:20 PM
Calendar Headings When Viewing Multiple Calendars Saracen Outlook - Calandaring 3 January 25th 06 01:44 PM
Number of messages in Public Folder John Cranston Outlook - General Queries 2 January 20th 06 07:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 Outlook Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.