Calendar Headings When Viewing Multiple Calendars

Old January 24th 06, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Saracen

Default Calendar Headings When Viewing Multiple Calendars

I have an issue where Calendar names appear differently for other user's
calendars in a user's inbox.

Calenders are listed either under My Calendars or Other Calendars. The
calenders that are listed under My Calenders are listed as Calendar in
Mailbox - User's Name.

The calendars under Other Calendars are listed as just the user's or
calendars name.

When I open the calenders under My Calendars (Listed as Calendar in Mailbox
- User's Name) the heading for each calendar is listed only as Calendar.

The calendars under Other Calendars, when open show the user's name as a
heading.

This is creating difficulty for user's when they are opening multiple
calendars and they don't include the user's name as a heading.

How can i change it so all calendars are listed as they are under Other
Calendars and show the user's name as the calendar heading when opened?

This is when using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I've already tried different
variations on calendar permissions.
Old January 24th 06, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

they need to add the calendars to Other calendars (can have the same one in
both sections) and display them by checking the one in Other calendars.

Old January 24th 06, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Saracen

As far as I know there are two ways to view someone else's calendar:
FileOpenOther User's Folder and the Open a Shared Calendar link.
When I select either it automatically selects the same already present
calendar for display, regardless of what appears where.

I have one calendar that appears under My Calendars. When I go through
the File menu it opens that calendar. Same when I click the Open Shared
Calendar link. Same thing when I open a calendar from the Other
Calendars link. It opens the already existing calendar. Neither adds a
second instance of the calendar in a different section of the calendar
listings.

Per Microsoft, opening the Calendar from the file menu should add it to
the Other Folders section, but that is not happening if it already
appears under My Calendars.

Also, I tried removing a Calendar entry from the My Calendars list
(Right click, Remove From My Calendars) and then going through
FileOpenOther User's Folder and it does not add the calendar in
either My Calendar's or Other Calendars. It just opens the calendar
without a new entry in the list.

Old January 25th 06, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Logvin

I have ran into this too. Most likely you have a Secretary who has
several Boss's calendar's she takes care of. In these situations, you
normally have a Exchange environment and that secretary has the Boss's
mailboxes in her MAPI profile opening as additional mailboxes. This by
default puts them in her My Calendar's section. To get them out, unmap
the mailbox, then have her "Open a Shared Calendar...". This will put
the link in the "Other Calendar" section. You can then re-map the
mailbox and it will ALSO put the link up top in the My Calendar
section. Very annoying, but only way it works. If she clicks his name
in the Other Calendar section, the title bar shows appropriately; if
she clicks the name in the My Calendar section, it still shows the
default text.

I've run this gambit before, this is the best your going to get, sorry.