Meeting Request vs. Appointment

Old January 27th 06, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
J. Ashley

Default Meeting Request vs. Appointment

Are there any clear advantages between sending out a meeting request versus
an appointment? What are the main differences?
Old January 27th 06, 08:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

An appointment is single person item. A meeting involves other persons.

If you want to set an item for a reminder for, let's say, a medical date,
the appointment item is the one to use. If you want to set a meeting with
your colleagues about your medical plan, the meeting item would be
appropriate.

It all depends on the purpose of the item and whether it will involve others
or not.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, J. Ashley asked:

Old January 27th 06, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
wrote:

An appointment is single person item. A meeting involves other
persons.

Techically, though, aren't they really the same thing, considering the form
presented by the creation of either appears identical?
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 28th 06, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Not in my mind, but yours may be wired differently.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian Tillman asked:

Old January 28th 06, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
wrote:

Not in my mind, but yours may be wired differently.

I meant operationally in Outlook, not in your or my mind.
--
Brian Tillman