Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Meeting Request vs. Appointment (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/4449-meeting-request-vs-appointment.html)

J. Ashley January 27th 06 12:19 AM

Meeting Request vs. Appointment

Are there any clear advantages between sending out a meeting request versus
an appointment? What are the main differences?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] January 27th 06 07:18 AM

Meeting Request vs. Appointment

An appointment is single person item. A meeting involves other persons.

If you want to set an item for a reminder for, let's say, a medical date,
the appointment item is the one to use. If you want to set a meeting with
your colleagues about your medical plan, the meeting item would be
appropriate.

It all depends on the purpose of the item and whether it will involve others
or not.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, J. Ashley asked:

Brian Tillman January 27th 06 04:27 PM

wrote:

An appointment is single person item. A meeting involves other
persons.

Techically, though, aren't they really the same thing, considering the form
presented by the creation of either appears identical?
--
Brian Tillman

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] January 28th 06 04:06 PM

Meeting Request vs. Appointment

Not in my mind, but yours may be wired differently.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian Tillman asked:

Brian Tillman January 28th 06 07:35 PM

wrote:

Not in my mind, but yours may be wired differently.

I meant operationally in Outlook, not in your or my mind.
--
Brian Tillman