"missing" Calendar Items

Old November 2nd 06, 03:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MFD

Default "missing" Calendar Items

I will try to keep it simple.
All clients are running the XP SP2 Operating System and are using MS Office
Outlook 2003 SP2.
At the client level appointments appear to be missing when in
"Day/Week/Month" view. However when I switch the calendar view to "Active
Appointments", all the appointments are displayed. I know it if not at the
server level becasue when I log on remotely as the client and access Outlook
via Remote Desktop all the appointments are there in all views. However when
I am actually sitting at the client workstation and open their Outlook, the
appointments appear to be missing. I have narrowed the problem to only one
time appointments. The reoccurring appointments all show up fine. Yes I have
tried customizing the currnet view, but the Start End fields in the Customize
Current View settings are set to the standard settings. Any help or starting
points? Currently all my users have to acess their calendars via remote
desktop when they are at their local desktops... iehhhh!!!
All users are live and not in cached mode.
I appreciate any help!
Old November 2nd 06, 08:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

First up I would try resetting the Views. Maybe it's corrupt.
www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040707.htm
--
Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

Old November 2nd 06, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MFD

Yes I tried resetting the views, but the non-reoccurring appointments still
do not show in the Day/Week/Month view. However the appointments are there
when I switch the view to Active Appoinments.
Any more suggestions? This is very frustrating and I appreciate any help.

Thanks-

Old November 3rd 06, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Here's another dumb question then....

do they not show because their recurrence has ended? Do past occurrences
show? Or none at all?

Old November 3rd 06, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MFD

No such thing as a dumb question. No there never was a recurrence. They were
one time only appointments. All the appointments that are recurring show up
in the Calendar view. Only one time only past and future appointments do not
show.
However I do have some more insight. After 3 hours on the phone with a
Microsoft tech, I found out that when I take my client out of cached mode,
then everything works fine. We "cleaned views" "resetfolders" and
"cleanfreebusy", but nothing seems to work. He was stumped.
Also just tonight I upgraded our Exchange Server to SP2, so now all clients
workstations and the exchange server have the latest updates. Still no luck.
Please help.
Even Microsoft is stumped and they left my case open.
Right now I am forced to take all my users out of cached mode, which is not
the long term answer.

I appreciate your help.

Old January 1st 07, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
chris w.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just had a few users report a
similar problem. We have a company leave public folder calendar, and some
users can see more calendar entries than others. Most users have Outlook 2000
with a handful with Outlook 2003. Initially, one user had problem, where she
couldnt see items that me and 4 others could, so we thought it was specific
to her profile.

I created a new Outlook profile, ran the /cleanviews command for Outlook,
installed all Office updates, nothing seems to work. The calendar on Exchange
2000 server has default permissions of author. I open the public folder
calendar through OWA and see all items, so its definitely something within
Outlook.

Any insight would be great. Thanks

Old January 9th 07, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MFD

What I found is that somehow the ost file is corrupt. This happened in 5 of
my users. Some were as simple as creating a new profile. Others I had to
reinstall the Office Suite COMPLETELY on their machine. What a pain...urgggh,
but it worked. Just make sure you have their profile backed up at the server
level before clearing it out on the user level or you will have some ****ed
off users. According to Microsoft tech support they have not found a solution
as to why the corruption happens. I called them...what a waste.
However we run Unified Messaging, which allows my users to listen to their
voice messages on Outlook. Ever since the install of this program I have had
nothing but problems with Outlook. Just an FYI if you are run Unified
Messaging or anything similar. Good luck!