(Outlook2003)Monitor change for "to" "cc" "bcc" on message compose dialog?

Old August 27th 09, 07:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
ryotyankou via OfficeKB.com

Default (Outlook2003)Monitor change for "to" "cc" "bcc" on message compose dialog?

I search through google, found that propertychange can monitor them, but
couldn't get fired if addresses were deleted, that's not very good. I noticed
that some post say use CustomPropertyChange can process deletion for e-mail
addresses, i saw some posts but still have no ideas about how to use it, Can
someone give a short brief on how to use CustomPropertyChange or give me some
links? Thanks.

Old August 27th 09, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You use CustomPropertyChange() exactly the same way you'd use
PropertyChange(), there's no difference. You get the name of the custom
property that's being changed. However that won't help you since what you
want to look at is not a custom property.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old August 28th 09, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
ryotyankou via OfficeKB.com

Hi, ken, I dispatched MailItem, PropertyChange can be fired. But
CustomPropertyChange is not fire. Should i make a form or modify the default
message form, in a word, i don't know how to make CustomPropertyChange event
get contact with To/CC/BCC field.

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
You use CustomPropertyChange() exactly the same way you'd use
PropertyChange(), there's no difference. You get the name of the custom
property that's being changed. However that won't help you since what you
want to look at is not a custom property.

I search through google, found that propertychange can monitor them, but
couldn't get fired if addresses were deleted, that's not very good. I

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
some
links? Thanks.

Old August 28th 09, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
ryotyankou via OfficeKB.com

Do you mean that the build-in properties can not be changed or repurpose or
something like that?
Do you mean that CustomPropertyChange only use for controls on custom form?
Then how could i detect deletion of e-mail addresses in to/cc/bcc fields?

Old August 28th 09, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I mean exactly that a built-in field will not fire CustomPropertyChange()
since it's not a custom property. The name tells you exactly what it's for.
Built-in properties fire PropertyChange(), custom ones fire
CustomPropertyChange(). It's very logical.

PropertyChange() should fire if To, Cc or Bcc are changed.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old August 29th 09, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
ryotyankou via OfficeKB.com

PropertyChange could not be fired if e-mail addresses were deleted, how could
i detect the deletion then? All i wanted is to detect this.

Old August 31st 09, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

To, Cc and Bcc will change and fire that event if the item is saved after
the recipients are removed. You can also check the count of the Recipients
collection at intervals or in specific event handlers, and you can check the
Items.Change() event, but that would also require a saved item.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]