Search: Posts made by: PA Bear [MS MVP]
Forum: Outlook Express July 1st 10, 02:35 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
TO DO list - 01 July 2010, 12:01 AM

That's always been an ongoing project.

Steve Cochran wrote:
The other thing to remember is to backup the NG folders (or copy the NG
messages to local folders), as when the NGs are killed, all...

Steve Cochran wrote:
The other thing to remember is to backup the NG folders (or copy the NG
messages to local folders), as when the NGs are killed, all...
Forum: Outlook Express July 1st 10, 01:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
TO DO list - 01 July 2010, 12:01 AM

1. Delete the thousands of (News) Blocked Senders I've had to add over the
years to avoid loony-tunes like BoaterDave.

2. Pour a stiff one and toast my mentors Jim Pickering, Steve Cochran, Frank...
Forum: Outlook Express July 1st 10, 01:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
TO DO list - 01 July 2010, 12:01 AM

1. Delete the thousands of (News) Blocked Senders I've had to add over the
years to avoid loony-tunes like BoaterDave.

2. Pour a stiff one and toast my mentors Jim Pickering, Steve Cochran, Frank...
Forum: Outlook Express June 30th 10, 11:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
General OE User Caveats - one mo' time...

General OE User Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a...
Forum: Outlook Express June 30th 10, 11:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 0
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
General OE User Caveats - one mo' time...

General OE User Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a...
Forum: Outlook Express June 30th 10, 11:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Replies: 41
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

applause

Steve Cochran wrote:
Several have wondered if there is anyway to use OE (or WinMail in Vista)
in
Windows 7.

This page addresses some of the potential means to do so:

Steve Cochran wrote:
Several have wondered if there is anyway to use OE (or WinMail in Vista)
in
Windows 7.

This page addresses some of the potential means to do so:

Forum: Outlook Express June 30th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
determine when entries were made in address book

A specific entry? No.

Jack B wrote:
Is there any way to determine when entries were made in the address book?

Jack

Jack B wrote:
Is there any way to determine when entries were made in the address book?

Jack
Forum: Outlook Express June 30th 10, 02:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 10
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
How to skip past first pages in setting up a header

When's the last time you changed the oil & rotated the tires?

Dan Kline wrote:
I have a book of 16 sections. I want to put the book title as a header
on
every left-hand page through the...

Dan Kline wrote:
I have a book of 16 sections. I want to put the book title as a header
on
every left-hand page through the...
Forum: Outlook Express June 28th 10, 03:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Find Message doesn't tell me folder path

Expand all folders in Folders pane and look for it.

roricka wrote:
May I speak frankly (and gimme a break -- everyone has a right to vent a
tad)? I asked a simple question. How do I find the...

roricka wrote:
May I speak frankly (and gimme a break -- everyone has a right to vent a
tad)? I asked a simple question. How do I find the...
Forum: Outlook Express June 27th 10, 11:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Find Message doesn't tell me folder path

WYSIWYG.

None of you user-created folders should have the same name. Rename any such
folders to avoid such self-made confusion (e.g., Saved Messages1, Saved
Messages2, etc.; Archive2007,...
Forum: Outlook Express June 27th 10, 11:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Find Message doesn't tell me folder path

WYSIWYG.

None of you user-created folders should have the same name. Rename any such
folders to avoid such self-made confusion (e.g., Saved Messages1, Saved
Messages2, etc.; Archive2007,...
Forum: Outlook Express June 25th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Find Message doesn't tell me folder path

If the "Include subfolders" option is checked, the subfolder name should be
displayed in the Results.

When I use Find Message (Ctrl-Shift-F), the resulting list only says the

roricka wrote:
When I use Find Message (Ctrl-Shift-F), the resulting list only says the
Forum: Outlook Express June 23rd 10, 11:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

But he said...

computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
bought
it)?

No.

'Sup with...
Forum: Outlook Express June 23rd 10, 11:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

But he said...

computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
bought
it)?

No.

'Sup with...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 06:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Resizing Photos

Is your friend running WinXP SP3? Is (s)he sending the pictures from My
Pictures folder by right-clicking on the file & selecting Send To | Mail
recipient?

B.W. wrote:
Thank you both.

Yes...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 06:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 18
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Resizing Photos

Is your friend running WinXP SP3? Is (s)he sending the pictures from My
Pictures folder by right-clicking on the file & selecting Send To | Mail
recipient?

B.W. wrote:
Thank you both.

Yes...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 06:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity...

File | Identities | Add new identity

Assuming all...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 06:19 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 24
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity...

File | Identities | Add new identity

Assuming all...
Forum: Outlook Express June 22nd 10, 06:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 14
Posted By PA Bear [MS MVP]
Possible MSVCRT.dll problem

...it worked fine until I had virus recently.

Methinks you've still got much more work to do, yer honor.

Guv Bob wrote:

How does your question pertain to Outlook Express functionality?