How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

Old June 30th 10, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

Default How to use Outlook Express in Windows 7

Several have wondered if there is anyway to use OE (or WinMail in Vista) in Windows 7.

This page addresses some of the potential means to do so:

http://www.oehelp.com/OEnWin7.aspx

steve

MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present
Old June 30th 10, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
DAS[_2_]

Thanks very much for this link.

Given all the issues I am wondering if a transfer to Outlook isn't a better
option, but when I asked outright in the Windows 7 OE alternative Bruce
Hagen indicated Thunderbird as his preferred 'other' client, after OE. (I
have Outlook 2000 and 2010.)

I think I have to start experimenting while I still can (while in XP).

My worry is that if I stay with OE (in Win 7 XP mode) I am only delaying the
inevitable. But I am also worrying about transferring my bold headings and
red flags...

Sigh.
DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

Old July 1st 10, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
ozzie[_2_]

Thanks Steve.
M.S did fix a few issues for us to manage to use Stationery without the *edit source preview*
in the previous version of W.L.M.
The new W.L.M. BETA looks pretty.. but it realy Sux..
A lot of people have got WinMail to work in Windows7
and are happy with that but for how long.. who knows..
So will pass this around.
Thanks Again

ozzie

Old July 1st 10, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Peter Foldes[_6_]

Whistling and waving.

--
Peter