Outlook 2007 auto complete

Old October 15th 08, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
TerryH[_2_]

Default Outlook 2007 auto complete

What can I do to get auto complete permently activated like I had in Outlook
2000?

Is auto complete availabe in Outlook 2007?

Is there a better way to get an addres to fill in by only entering the first
few letters of someone already in my address book. I have not updated the
address book from my prevous Oulook 2000.
--
Terry
Old October 15th 08, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello

Outlook features auto-complete the way you're looking for it and also
features the auto-resolution features of earlier versions of Outlook. Once
you've used an address it will autocomplete in future uses.

Old October 15th 08, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
TerryH[_2_]

I have been using Outlook 207 for a few months and have tried what I could
find on line to resolve this. Surely I am not the only one that loves to
save time and key strokes.

Auto complete works fine until I log off, shut down and reopen the next day.
Others have said that Outlook 2007 auto complete will not prefill from the
address book like Outlook 2000.

I use Outlook 2003 at work and it still prefills a name that I have not used
for over a year.

Are there any other options to prefill an e-mail address by only typing in a
few beginning letters?
--
Terry

Old October 15th 08, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"TerryH" wrote in message

What can I do to get auto complete permently activated like I had in
Outlook
2000?

Outlook 2000 doesn't have autocompletion.

Is auto complete availabe in Outlook 2007?

It became available in Outlook 2002. Outlook 2000 used autoresolution and
that's available in later Outlooks as well.

Is there a better way to get an addres to fill in by only entering the
first
few letters of someone already in my address book. I have not updated the
address book from my prevous Oulook 2000.

No. That's the whole purpose of autocompletion. Did you create a new mail
profile after installing Outlook 2007?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 15th 08, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"TerryH" wrote in message

Auto complete works fine until I log off, shut down and reopen the next
day.
Others have said that Outlook 2007 auto complete will not prefill from the
address book like Outlook 2000.

That's a sign of a corrupt mail profile.

I use Outlook 2003 at work and it still prefills a name that I have not
used
for over a year.

Outlook will recall indefinitely the most recent 1,000 addresses you've
used.

Are there any other options to prefill an e-mail address by only typing in
few beginning letters?

Fix your mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 19th 08, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Loren Hatleberg

Hey Brian, I have the same issue with autocomplete. If I have a corrupt mail
profile what's the steps to correct this. I would hate to lose my e-mail if
I screw something up. Could you refer me somewhere with instructions for
this.
--
Loren

Old October 19th 08, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Well documented:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=out2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old October 20th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Loren Hatleberg

I did create a new profile and it did fix my problems with autocomplete. I
was not able to do this using the micsoft instruction, The settings would
not work. I finally did it through the "add new profile" under the Tools
menu in the Outlook program. It was much easier that way.

--
Loren