Outlook Address Auto-complete

Old December 24th 06, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
burghboy

Default Outlook Address Auto-complete

I received an email 4 months ago from a person and now every time I
address an email to my friend Anne I get the 'ANNE SO_AND_SO' as the
default send to. I have never entered ANNE SO_AND_SO as as address in
MS-Outlook, and have deleted all of the emails from her from my
folders. Anyone know how to purge this from whatever cache it's in?

Thanks!

Old December 24th 06, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

When the address appears when you are typing in the TO box, simply use your arrow key to select it and press delete.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, burghboy asked:

Old December 25th 06, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
burghboy

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
When the address appears when you are typing in the TO box, simply use your arrow key to select it and press delete.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, burghboy asked:

| I received an email 4 months ago from a person and now every time I
| address an email to my friend Anne I get the 'ANNE SO_AND_SO' as the
| default send to. I have never entered ANNE SO_AND_SO as as address in
| MS-Outlook, and have deleted all of the emails from her from my
| folders. Anyone know how to purge this from whatever cache it's in?
|
| Thanks!

I was not asking how to delete the address from the TO: Field in the
email. I was asking how to delete the record of ANNE_SO_AND_SO from
the Outlook auto field complete when in fact I am trying to address the
email to Anne_my_Friend.

Old December 26th 06, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

For the impaired version:

When you are typing addresses in the TO: field and the name appears in the AUTOCOMPLETE LIST, use your arrow key to select the item and press delete.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Old December 26th 06, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
burghboy

OK I did find the AutoComplete function as well as the Check Address
function but neither offered an option to delete this Address. I did
default the ANN to my friend Anne, but still would like to delete the
not-needed address. ANNE_ does not show up in Address Book or in any
emails in any of my folders.

Thanks for your assistance!

bb