Auto Complete in Outlook 2003

Old September 18th 07, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
mcca0484

Default Auto Complete in Outlook 2003

I am trying to find out if there is a way to add email addresses to the
autocomplete feature on Outlook. The only way that I have been able to do
this is to send out a "test" email to whom ever I am trying to add. This
works, but is frowned upon by most people (business related) and is seen as a
nuisance. ANY help at all would be appreciated!

We do not use the address book feature on outlook. I am not sure if that
makes a difference.

Old September 18th 07, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Oliver Vukovics

Hi mcca0484,

have a look on this site :

General information about "Autocomplete function"
http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm

I did not find any "Edit" function for this "nk2" file on this website but:

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Old September 18th 07, 04:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
mcca0484

Yes, I have seen this information before. However, I particularly need a way
to actually add new contacts to the auto complete. This is not by my choice,
but this is the way that my employer insists on having it done. . . . Any
ideas?

Old September 18th 07, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Oliver Vukovics

hi mcca0484,

I did not find any "Edit" function for this "nk2" file on this website but:

on this site, I found some further information:
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050609.htm

[Slipstick]
"Microsoft doesn't provide a tool to edit the nickname tool, however, if you
need to view or edit the NK2 file, a third party utility called Owtlook is
available. This tool allows you to edit the NK2, capture the addresses and
create contacts, or populate it with frequently used addresses."

You could download it from this site:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...essional.shtml

Maybe it helps.

Old September 18th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

mcca0484 wrote:

I am trying to find out if there is a way to add email addresses to
the autocomplete feature on Outlook. The only way that I have been
able to do this is to send out a "test" email to whom ever I am
trying to add. This works, but is frowned upon by most people
(business related) and is seen as a nuisance. ANY help at all would
be appreciated!

Open a new message window and enter an address. Press CTRL-K to resolve the
address. It will become underlined. At this point, the address has been
added to the autocompletion cache. Just close the new window and discard
the changes.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]