Can I convert an Outlook Data file to a text file?

Old September 3rd 08, 08:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
peggy

Default Can I convert an Outlook Data file to a text file?

I have Outlook 2002 on my PC. My data file was copied from Outlook 2003.
When I try to open the file I get an error message "... not compatible with
this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your
administrator."
Old September 3rd 08, 09:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

There is nothing you can do with this file with a version of Outlook earlier
than 2003. You'll need to use Outlook 2003 or higher to create a PST file in
the older version, then copy the data from this file into the file in the
older version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old September 3rd 08, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It's best to convert it to an ANSI format on the outlook 2003 computer, but
if that is not possible, one of the tools on this page might do it:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old September 3rd 08, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
peggy

Is there a way to conver this file into a "readable file" such as in notepad
so I can manually obtain the information?