Remove both "1" and "+" in front of phone number in Outlook 2007

Old February 1st 08, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Max Lin

Default Remove both "1" and "+" in front of phone number in Outlook 2007

I am having troubles to reomve the "1" and "+" in front of phone numbers in
Contact. The "1" and "+" are casuing problem when I sync Outlook with my cell
phone. How can I disable to auto-formating in that field so I can just get
plain simple 10-digit numbers?

Thank you.
Old February 1st 08, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you can't disable it but you can change the dialing properties in control
panel, modem to not use them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old February 1st 08, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Max Lin[_2_]

Default Remove both "1" and "+" in front of phone number in Outlook 20

Hello Diane,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I did try to change the dialing properties
in the "Phone and Modem Options" under "Control Panel". But still, I am
having trouble to get it fix. Here is my configuration:

In the "General" tab:
I have the Contry/region = United State
Are Code = 215 (Where I am located)
Nothing inputed in the "Dialing ruls" section

In the "Area Code Rules" tab:
I have nothing set up.

In the "Callng Card" tab:
Again, nothing.

I don't know what else I did wrong. If you (or anyone else) can help me to
find out about it, that will be wonderful.

Thank you.

Max Lin

Old February 5th 08, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DJF

I have the same problem and other than editing each entry, I haven't figured
out how to get rid of the '1+'. My 'Phone and Modem Options' are the same as
Max, execpt for the area code.

Old February 5th 08, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

DJF wrote:

I have the same problem and other than editing each entry, I haven't
figured out how to get rid of the '1+'. My 'Phone and Modem Options'
are the same as Max, execpt for the area code.

Why do you believe you need to get rid of the "+1" (I'll bet it's not "1+"
as you've stated)? That's standard international number format and current
day phones and modems should be able to use that notation.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old February 5th 08, 10:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DJF

Because the my phone system doesn't require dialing a 1. Long distance and
local are treated identically. and it will place the 1 on numbers that I know
are local (like my neighbor's).

Old February 6th 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

DJF wrote:

Because the my phone system doesn't require dialing a 1. Long
distance and local are treated identically. and it will place the 1
on numbers that I know are local (like my neighbor's).

So what?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]