Successful search results returns a blank "Full Name" in results

Old December 23rd 07, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sharam

Default Successful search results returns a blank "Full Name" in results

I have Outlook 2007 on Vista , when I search for a contact, Outlook finds the
correct results but does not display the “Full name” field. If I double
Click on the result, the detailed Contact window shows that the underlying
data is all correct.

Does Outlook 2007 cache "Calulated" fields like "Last Name"? Is there a way
to refresh this list? Or is this indication of corrupted data? I am assuming
that "Full Name" is a calcuated field based on Firstname + Lastname.

Old December 23rd 07, 04:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Explain more clearly what you mean and what function is missing that you
think is important.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 2nd 08, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sharam

Default Successful search results returns a blank "Full Name" in resul

I will try! In the contacts window there is a search field with greyed out
title "Search All Contact Items". If for example I search for a name like
"Anderson" in this field. Outlook returns with "All Contact Items (Search
Results)", it apparently finds a few matches. The view that I have is a Phone
list. I get blanks for "Full Name", some data for "Company", blanks for "File
As" and data for the rest of the fields. So, in order to find the right
"Anderson" I have to go through the list one by one open each contact and
find the right one. I wish I could post an image to explain this better!

Thank you for your help.

Sharam

Old January 2nd 08, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

We're not making much progress here. Assuming you are referring to Instant
Search, it will return a match that occurs in any field that is indexed. All
name fields are indexed. You need to start by examining the status of your
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 4th 08, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sharam

Russ,

Thanks again for responding. I am searching on indexed fields and search
finds results. But the some fields are not displayed.

Please see the screen capture at the following link:

Thanks,

Old January 5th 08, 02:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

What is your question? The fields that are displayed will depend on the view
you are using.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 5th 08, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sharam

As you can see the "Full Name" and "File As" fields displayed in the view are
blank. But if I double click and open each one line in the list there is data
for the "Full Name" and the "File As". I have rebuild the index and that does
not help. Is there a way that "Calculated Fields" are refereshed?

Old January 5th 08, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Just by recreating the Contacts. I suspect you did something to corrupt your
data file (like importing Contacts). This has nothing to do with Instant
Search.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 5th 08, 08:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sharam

I agree!

Russ, this was my original question.

Old January 5th 08, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The only native way to do it is to open and save each Contact. You could
also check on third party software to correct the problems created by
importing. I'd start he
http://www.contactgenie.com/
--
Russ Valentine