What is the maximum number of contacts I can store in MS Outlook?

Old September 3rd 07, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karen Posey

Default What is the maximum number of contacts I can store in MS Outlook?

I get a message that I cannot add more than 1000 contacts to my Outlook. I
had to delete some to make room for others. I was told by another person
that I should be able to store much more than that.
Old September 3rd 07, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No version of Outlook has such a limit.
Outlook 97/2002 PST size limit is 2 GB. In terms of Item number limits:
16,000 items per folder when large table support is turned off (default for
Outlook 97/2000)
65,000 items per folder when large table support is turned on (default for
Outlook 2002)

16,000 folders per folder when large table support is turned off (default
for Outlook 97/2000)
65,000 folders per folder when large table support is turned on (default for
Outlook 2002)

Outlook 2003 and 2007 (Unicode) PST size limit is unknown, but practical
limitations are said to be around 20GB. In terms of Item number limits that
is also unknown, but rumor has it at 130 million.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]