Maximum number of open shared calendars in Outlook 2003?

Old May 22nd 07, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Training Goddess

Default Maximum number of open shared calendars in Outlook 2003?

I have access to a number of meeting room calendars and would like to know:

a) What is the maximum number of calendars that I can list in my 'Other
Calendars' group
b) What is the maximum number of calendars that I can activate/check to
display side-by-side?

Thanks in advance!
Training Goddess
Old May 23rd 07, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

How many have you tried and do you get a failure at some point?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Training Goddess asked:

Old May 26th 07, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

for B - how big is your screen?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Training Goddess" wrote in
message ...

Old May 26th 07, 05:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Training Goddess

I've only tried a few, but felt it would be more productive to find out
directly from an expert.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
K.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

How many have you tried and do you get a failure at some point?

--Â

Old May 26th 07, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Training Goddess

I have a very large screen - 1280 x 1024 is my resolution.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

for B - how big is your screen?

Old May 27th 07, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I believe you can activate as many as you want - but unless you have very
high res, you won't be able to see much of the content. 13 is typically the
most you can truly use on a large screen.

I don't know if there is a max you can have in the other calendars list -
it's really best to add the ones you need and see if you hit problems. I
know around 20 work (although its harder to find the one you want in a long
list), I believe someone said they had 50.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Training Goddess" wrote in
message ...
I have a very large screen - 1280 x 1024 is my resolution.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

for B - how big is your screen?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?

Old May 27th 07, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Training Goddess

Thanks, Diane. I was hoping that there was a technical specification in
Microsoft's documentation that would be an absolute number of Other Calendar
items that could be listed as well as an absolute number of Shared Calendars
that could be physically displayed at maximum resolution. Do you know of such
numbers?

Thanks, again, for your feedback. It means a lot that you're taking the time
to respond.

Cheers!
Kimberly Mills
MOS Office 2003 Master Instructor

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

for B - how big is your screen?

Old May 27th 07, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

There are no published numbers. We find out by trial and error and from
users who post here. AFAIK, no one has posted that they could only add xx
calendars, probably because they didn't need that many.

--

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

for B - how big is your screen?