Why is Next button grayed in import .csv file?

Old January 12th 07, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
joescoe

Default Why is Next button grayed in import .csv file?

I'm reaching a deadend when trying to import a .csv address file into Outlook
2007.

I follow the import wizard, using "Comma separated values (Windows)" as the
file type. I specify the .csv file to be imported, and I select the
destination as my "Contacts" folder. The next dialogue says "The following
actions will be performed:" with the action being "Import contacts.csv into
folder: Contacts." I click on that action to highlight it. So far, so good.
The problem is that the "Next" button, which would supposedly begin the
import process, is grayed out. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something? The
same thing happens when I try to import a tab de-limited file.
Old January 13th 07, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

When you clicked on "Import contacts.csv into folder: Contacts" - did you by
any chance "just highlight it" with no checkmark in check box? That would
cause the behaviour you've described. The checkmark needs to be in the
checkbox at which point the Next becomes active but I would suggest that you
map your fields (or at the very least make sure everything is going where
you think it's going) before you go to Next.

Karl
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

Old October 9th 13, 05:32 PM
sevenquid sevenquid is offline
Junior Member

I solved this by saving the import .csv file somewhere OTHER than the Desktop before trying to import it.

Weird, but it worked!

This solution worked on a colleague's computer too.

Hope this helps.