excel file type missing from import a file window in outlook

Old February 25th 06, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
xanadufl

Default excel file type missing from import a file window in outlook

I cannot find either an excel file type nor a CSV file type in the "import a
file" window. I therefore am unable to import an excel file with contact
data.

How do I get the list to include csv or xls file types to select for import?
Old February 25th 06, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Are the Importers and Exporters all installed for your version of Outlook?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 25th 06, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
xanadufl

I can only assume not. How can I tell?? How do I add Importers and
exporters??
If they are not in what steps should I take to get them in??
I tried to run the setup for Office Prof 2003 but for some reason it just
disappears
after it loads the install files, copys files and reads my system to access
what is installed. No error messege shows up just poof and it's gone.

Old February 25th 06, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Use the Office Maintenance Wizard in Control Panel Add/Remove. If you
cannot use that to find your installation files on your original Office
installation CD, then you need to post in one of the Office groups for help
with your installation.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 26th 06, 12:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
xanadufl

I do not find the office maintenance wizard anywhere!
not in control pander nor in programs. Where is it?
It didn't even show up in the help search!

Isn't this an office group??

Old February 26th 06, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Office 2003's Maintenance Wizard is in Control Panel Add/Remove
Microsoft Office 2003
It will tell you what you have installed and what you don't. It will find
and use your original installation medium to install anything you don't
have. If it fails, you have an Office problem, not an Outlook problem.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 27th 06, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Thank you for the instruction, however,
interestingly enough, there was no option in the importer/exporters to add
excel files or csv files. I am therefore back at square one.

Old February 27th 06, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Unclear what you mean. If Importers and Exporters are installed, those file
types are available for import.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 28th 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
xanadufl

What is unclear???
The options to select when importing a file DO NOT INCLUDE "EXCEL" ( .XSL )
OR .CSV. THE FILE TYPES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO SELECT FOR IMPORT. The only
three lines in the Imoprt a File window a
Outlook 4.x,5.x,6.x
Personal Address Book
Personal Folder File (.pst)

THAT'S IT..... NOTHING MORE!!!

Old February 28th 06, 09:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Then Importers and Exporters are not installed.
Explain why you think they are.
I told you to look in the Office Maintenance Wizard. What do you see there?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]