Import Excel file into Outlook 2003

Old January 20th 06, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
sj

Default Import Excel file into Outlook 2003

I'm having difficulty importing an Excel spreadsheet contact list into
Outlook. I found previous posts helpful. However, after I named the ranges
in the Excel worksheet, saved and closed it and try to import into Outlook, I
get an error message still saying I haven't named the ranges. I saved the
named cells into a cvs format but still no success. I have 2003 Student
Teacher edition of MSOffice and am wondering if those capabilities don't
exist in this version. Any information you can supply will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.
Old January 20th 06, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

Not sure of Student edition but doubt very much that would be your problem.
What "intrigues" me is that you say that you've have saved the the data in
CSV format. Real quick question, if you open your CSV file - does it show
the correct data? If not - suggestion would be to delete all "named ranges"
from your Excel file and save the worksheet in CSV format and check the
saved file.

If the above doesn't resolve your problem - please send your Excel file to
and one of our people will take a look at it (please
refer to this msg in your submission - else it may go astray). Please
provide complete details in terms of worksheet name etc that you're working
with - otherwise - just going to delay the whole process. Not much we
haven't seen data wise but have come used to the "unexpected" and are very
interested in anything that could affect our upcoming products.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com