Stop Contacts' Fax numbers from creating a "Send To" listing

Old July 3rd 06, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
joeknopp

Default Stop Contacts' Fax numbers from creating a "Send To" listing

Why, if I have a fax number saved in the Contact's record, as well as their
email address, the contact will appear twice in the “Send To” drop down
list? When you click one, the email address is added to the distribution
list, and if you click on the second appearance of the name, the fax number
is added. Is there a way to limit the “Send To” list to show only Contacts'
email addresses?

Old July 3rd 06, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Didn't read before you posted, did you? Answered here countless times.
Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there
are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses.

One method to hide fax numbers from the address book is to prefix the fax
number with one or more letters (maybe B for business fax, H for home, O for
other). If the fax number begins with a letter, Outlook won't show it in the
address book.

There are a couple of utilities that can help you hide fax numbers from the
address book. See:
http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/rshifa.htm
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook_Solutions.htm (Hide Fax Numbers)
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/toolbox/

Another way to avoid having fax numbers appear in the address book is
simply not to enter data in the fax fields. Put fax numbers in some other
(non-phone) fields.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 3rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
joeknopp

Thanks, Russ. You're right; I didn't read before I posted. I wasn't aware
of this discussion group and the wealth of knowledge contained herein. Will
check here in the future, first. Thanks again for the tips. . .

Joe

Old July 3rd 06, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Microsoft hates when I say this, but it's true: Searching works great if you
use Google to search the groups. If you're using OE or the support website,
it's not so good.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]