"How to" send an email to muliple contacts without showing multiple addresses.

Old June 14th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default "How to" send an email to muliple contacts without showing multiple addresses.

Lets say that I have an email that I want to send to several of my
contacts or even a group list. However, I don't want everyone to see
that the same email is sent to many people at the same time. As well,
I would like each receipient to see thier own email address in the sent
"To" area.

I have found that if I place the multiple email addresses in the send
to "Bcc" then my own email address will appear in the "Sent To" of the
receipient.

Does anyone have any ideas or maybe point me in the right direction?

Old June 14th 06, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Use the Tools | Mail Merge command on the Actions menu in your contacts folder to perform a mail merge to Word with email messages as the output.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old June 14th 06, 05:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Sue,
Thanks for the help! It worked great. I am using Outlook 2000...maybe
2003 is a little different. I had to play around with the "Insert
Merge Field" Email address into the document.

The only slight glitch that I haven't been able to figure out is...that
the email looses it's HTML formating. Even though I have my Outlook
configured to use HTML (Word) as default. As well, the merged document
is written using Word. As it is received on a different PC / different
Email Account, the font is converted to the Generic / Courier type of
font.

I noticed that as the email is sitting in the "Outbox" it keeps the
HTML font type (Times Roman). However, even here it looses Bullets,
Italic and Bold.

If you have any ideas, let me know. I was hoping to introduce a little
graphics in the near future. If not, I can live with the font issue
for now! Your help still saved me typing more than 300 email addresses
individually at least once per week!

Thanks Again!!!!

Old June 14th 06, 06:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook 2000 does not support HTML in mail merge messages. Later versions do a good job with it.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP