Setting up POP and Exchange mail in Outlook 2003

Old March 27th 06, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
gstrauss13

Default Setting up POP and Exchange mail in Outlook 2003

Hi,

I have 2 email accounts. They used to both be POP email accounts and I used
Outlook Express as the client. My company recently switched to having our
email stored on an Exchage server and setting us up as Exchange users in
Outlook.

I would like to have my other account (still a POP account) to show up in
the same inbox but I would like the messages to be stored locally. I've
figured out how to set this up but I have a couple of questions.

1. Where is the .pst for the POP account?
2. Is there any way I can import messages from Outlook Express into Outlook
but have them stored locally and not on the Exchange server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary
Old March 27th 06, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

gstrauss13 wrote:

I have 2 email accounts. They used to both be POP email accounts and
I used Outlook Express as the client. My company recently switched
to having our email stored on an Exchage server and setting us up as
Exchange users in Outlook.

I would like to have my other account (still a POP account) to show
up in the same inbox but I would like the messages to be stored
locally. I've figured out how to set this up but I have a couple of
questions.

1. Where is the .pst for the POP account?

POP accounts have their mail delivered to the same Inbox the Exchnage
account does. If you want them separate, you need to use rules to separate
them.

2. Is there any way I can import messages from Outlook Express into
Outlook but have them stored locally and not on the Exchange server?

You can export them from Outlook Express and them move them to a local PST
after they appear in Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman