How do I set up home Outlook to also view/send email from work?

Old March 19th 06, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Parrett

Default How do I set up home Outlook to also view/send email from work?

Outlook acct working beautifully at home, but I would like to check my email
from work sometimes. Currently using cox.net in Calif. Is there a way to
configure the email acct to retain emails on the server and view/send via the
web?
thx.
Parrett

Old March 19th 06, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Parrett wrote:

Outlook acct working beautifully at home, but I would like to check
my email from work sometimes. Currently using cox.net in Calif. Is
there a way to configure the email acct to retain emails on the
server and view/send via the web?

On your home machine, enable the option to leave the messages on the server.
It's onthe Advanced tab of your account properties pages.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 19th 06, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Parrett

Thanks. Got that set up. Do you know the website/page I should go to from
work to see my home emails? Where do I log into to get my email? Can I
access my contacts too?
Parrett

Old March 20th 06, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Parrett wrote:

Thanks. Got that set up. Do you know the website/page I should go
to from work to see my home emails? Where do I log into to get my
email? Can I access my contacts too?

You can't access the data on your home PC unless you have a tool like
GoToMyPC, VNC, or pcAnywhere and your work network allows outbound
connections of that sort. The best you can do is to define a mail account
on your work machine that matches the mail account on your home machine and
access the home mail server that way. Otherwise, you can use your ISP's
webmail interface to see what's on the server. Of course, if you home
machine's already downloaded it and deleted it, it won't be on the server.
--
Brian Tillman