installing MS Office 2007 60 day trial

Old May 7th 08, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mellie

Default installing MS Office 2007 60 day trial

I have used 2003 for years. When I downloaded this trial, I lost my 2003
Outlook and the 2007 Outlook didn't install. There was no help at microsoft
unless I wanted to pay $119.99- great support- thanks. Fortunately a
wonderful young man at Dell helped me restore my system to its pre-2007
download condition. My problem is eventually I'll want to update my Office
Suite- only I'm still too fragile to make that attempt right now. Has anyone
had a similar problem? and if so how did you solve it?
Old May 7th 08, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

I upgraded with a full retail edition & it proceeded with no problems.
Installing the trial, when you allready have an Office version can cause
problems. Outlook, in particular, you have to uninstall the earlier version
of Outlook, before you can install the trial version

Old May 7th 08, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mellie

So then I can't actually take advantage of a test drive? Why didn't they
program the trial to handle the dual outlook issue?

Old May 7th 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

if you want to try office 2007 and outlook, uninstall office 2003 first. if
you want office but not outlook 2007, use a custom install and don't install
outlook. Or install it into a virtual machine - use vmware or virtual pc
from microsoft

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old May 7th 08, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Mellie

I definitely want Outlook. But if I uninstall outlook 2003 first won't I lose
all my data? I'd like to try out 2007 with all my data intact.

Old May 7th 08, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Firstly you should allways have backups of data.
Uninstalling Outlook, or any other office app has no impact on data, that is
still retained