A Microsoft Outlook email forum. Outlook Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Outlook Banter forum » Microsoft Outlook Email Newsgroups » Outlook - Installation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 12th 07, 11:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Darren
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

A user is getting an error in Outlook 2003. It was updated from sp2 to sp3
but same result. The error message is "This message with restricted
permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your
credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials"
Sometimes I cannot even open the message and if I fix the above message I
bet he'll be able to open up the emails. There's nothing special about the
messages. No attachments. He may be able to open them at some point but
trying them later, he can't open them.
What's the fix for this?
Thanks
--
-Darren
Ads
  #2  
Old January 8th 08, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Danny
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 59
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

The problem is "Google Desktop".. Close out of that and the emails will
'magically' re-appear.

"Darren" wrote:

A user is getting an error in Outlook 2003. It was updated from sp2 to sp3
but same result. The error message is "This message with restricted
permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your
credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials"
Sometimes I cannot even open the message and if I fix the above message I
bet he'll be able to open up the emails. There's nothing special about the
messages. No attachments. He may be able to open them at some point but
trying them later, he can't open them.
What's the fix for this?
Thanks
--
-Darren

  #3  
Old January 8th 08, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Danny
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 59
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Remove the Google Desktop application, and this issue will be resolved.
There is something with the indexing of emails through the Google Desktop
that causes problems.

"Darren" wrote:

A user is getting an error in Outlook 2003. It was updated from sp2 to sp3
but same result. The error message is "This message with restricted
permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your
credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials"
Sometimes I cannot even open the message and if I fix the above message I
bet he'll be able to open up the emails. There's nothing special about the
messages. No attachments. He may be able to open them at some point but
trying them later, he can't open them.
What's the fix for this?
Thanks
--
-Darren

  #4  
Old February 6th 08, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
mabgo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

I have the same problem, I uninstalled Google Desktop, that did not work.
There are only certain messages that I can not open. I haven't changed any
settings in Outlook and I didn't have any problem before last Friday.
--
mab


"Danny" wrote:

The problem is "Google Desktop".. Close out of that and the emails will
'magically' re-appear.

"Darren" wrote:

A user is getting an error in Outlook 2003. It was updated from sp2 to sp3
but same result. The error message is "This message with restricted
permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your
credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials"
Sometimes I cannot even open the message and if I fix the above message I
bet he'll be able to open up the emails. There's nothing special about the
messages. No attachments. He may be able to open them at some point but
trying them later, he can't open them.
What's the fix for this?
Thanks
--
-Darren

  #5  
Old February 6th 08, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
mabgo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

I removed everything on the pc that had to do with Google and it still does
not work
--
mab


"Danny" wrote:

Remove the Google Desktop application, and this issue will be resolved.
There is something with the indexing of emails through the Google Desktop
that causes problems.

"Darren" wrote:

A user is getting an error in Outlook 2003. It was updated from sp2 to sp3
but same result. The error message is "This message with restricted
permission cannot be viewed in the reading pane until you verify your
credentials. Open the item to read its contents and verify your credentials"
Sometimes I cannot even open the message and if I fix the above message I
bet he'll be able to open up the emails. There's nothing special about the
messages. No attachments. He may be able to open them at some point but
trying them later, he can't open them.
What's the fix for this?
Thanks
--
-Darren

  #6  
Old February 12th 08, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
David[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Here is something that I found on a different site and it worked for
me.


I think I figured out the issue... It is the Google search plugin in
Outlook. You disable the GDS Outlook Addin All of your email will open
again.

Outlook 2003 or older:
Open Outlook and go to "Tools" "Options" "Other" "Advanced
Options" "Add-In Manager."
  #7  
Old February 20th 08, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
mroach
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Thanks David.

Worked for me!!


"David" wrote:

Here is something that I found on a different site and it worked for
me.


I think I figured out the issue... It is the Google search plugin in
Outlook. You disable the GDS Outlook Addin All of your email will open
again.

Outlook 2003 or older:
Open Outlook and go to "Tools" "Options" "Other" "Advanced
Options" "Add-In Manager."

  #8  
Old March 12th 08, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Lean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Thanks guys i was having the same problem and it was really anoying
but thank to your post i was able to fix it

"mroach" wrote:

Thanks David.

Worked for me!!


"David" wrote:

Here is something that I found on a different site and it worked for
me.


I think I figured out the issue... It is the Google search plugin in
Outlook. You disable the GDS Outlook Addin All of your email will open
again.

Outlook 2003 or older:
Open Outlook and go to "Tools" "Options" "Other" "Advanced
Options" "Add-In Manager."

  #9  
Old April 16th 08, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Spider92677
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Thank you David! My problem was fixed by disabling GDS Addin in Outlook!

"Lean" wrote:

Thanks guys i was having the same problem and it was really anoying
but thank to your post i was able to fix it

"mroach" wrote:

Thanks David.

Worked for me!!


"David" wrote:

Here is something that I found on a different site and it worked for
me.


I think I figured out the issue... It is the Google search plugin in
Outlook. You disable the GDS Outlook Addin All of your email will open
again.

Outlook 2003 or older:
Open Outlook and go to "Tools" "Options" "Other" "Advanced
Options" "Add-In Manager."

  #10  
Old April 19th 08, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brain
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default This message with restricted permission cannot be viewed...

Does anyone in this group believe that removing the GDS to resolve this
problem is a satisfactory solution?

I searched the first page of googles own search engine and can not find a
single solution which does not recommend removing GDS.

Why such a conflict should take place is strange, either way neither
Microsoft or google seem to be working on fixing it. Ok, Microsoft might
think it isnt thier position to make Outlook compatible with GDS, but neither
does Google.

I personaly do not like the searching facility of microsoft, prefering
google, unfortunately I can not use either now. When one compares spotlight
on a mac to this there is no contest.


 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no permission to send the message for the specified user Barbara Outlook - General Queries 1 November 15th 07 03:49 PM
Determining permission to another mailbox using RDO when user isin permission group tEst Add-ins for Outlook 3 August 24th 07 10:19 PM
How do I set up permission to resend an Outlook message? jfarrellj Outlook - Installation 0 August 8th 07 09:58 PM
Message disappears from 2003 when viewed by 2000 client [email protected] Outlook - General Queries 2 May 15th 06 09:54 PM
message text on some meeting request responses can't be viewed Keith Morley Outlook - Calandaring 2 April 7th 06 11:52 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2014 Outlook Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.