why do i get erroer message; log onto incoming mail server (pop)

Old August 18th 08, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Frustrated Bill

Default why do i get erroer message; log onto incoming mail server (pop)

I have lost my abillity to connect to email via outlook, and o.l.express It
seemed to start after i installed Norton I.S. 2008. i can still send and
receive from my blackberry. i can go onto my Tiscali mail and pickup mail.
Vodafone/blackberry say its Tiscali prob, Tiscali say it's working fine coz
it goes as far as thier mail box.
I've completely reinstalled office 03
I've completely reset outlook email accounts, by myself, and with Tiscali
help.
I've completely switched off Norton (no firewall block)
I've done system restore right back to original setup.
Every time I "test account settings", I get.. Log onto incoming mail server
(pop3)..Failed, but all other boxes are ticked.
I'm running XP 2002 with SP3
Can anyone help please?????
Old August 18th 08, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

uninstall norton and then do a system restore - turning it off leaves some
hooks enabled. Also - you might want to verify that outlook is an allowed
application in the firewall settings. That may be all you need to do.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your