Force display of location field when viewing scheduling tab?

Old June 20th 07, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shawn Bass

Default Force display of location field when viewing scheduling tab?

I have a client that is setting up delegate rights for view-only to allow
everyone to view everyone's calendar appointments. When scheduling a new
meeting, they pick recipients and a target date and then click on the
Scheduling tab to view the availability of all attendees. At first, they
were disappointed that they thought they needed to hover over the meetings to
see where someone was. I showed them the setting under Options to enable
display of calendar details. I still personally find it easier to hover
since calendar details doesn't wrap, but regardless this is what they want.
The twist is, they want it to display the location field in addition to the
meeting subject. While this can be viewed via hovering, they just want it to
appear. While I think this request is strange, I need to do the due
diligence to see if this is possible. So anyone out there seen anything like
this without custom code? The version of Outlook they are runnning is 2002
(XP), though I've looked for anything on 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007 without
luck.

Thanks.

Shawn
_____
http://www.shawnbass.com
Old June 22nd 07, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shawn Bass

*bump*

Anyone have any ideas if this is possible?

Old June 22nd 07, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky

Version?

AFAIK, you can't within outlook but could use VBA to make senders add a
location before sending.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old June 22nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Shawn Bass

Diane,

Thanks for the response. I put the version info in the first post. It's
Outlook XP (2002). But I've looked for this functionality in 2002 through
2007. The issue isn't forcing users to enter a location, it's making it
easier to view the location by forcing it to display in the scheduling tab.
Right now you can only see the location info by hovering over the appointment
in the scheduling view. My client wants the location field displayed
onscreen with the appointment details. Sounds weird, but that's what they
want. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shawn

Old June 22nd 07, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diane Poremsky

nope, no ideas. I don’t think vba will help with this either.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

Version?

AFAIK, you can't within outlook but could use VBA to make senders add a
location before sending.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?