A Microsoft Outlook email forum. Outlook Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Outlook Banter forum » Microsoft Outlook Email Newsgroups » Outlook - Installation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 18th 06, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bradley Morris
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes

Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the Oulook Connector
for Lotus Domino for Outlook 2007 (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?
Or, is there a way to make the old connector work for '07?

Thanks,
Bradley Morris
Ads
  #2  
Old December 18th 06, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,651
Default Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes

At the present time, Microsoft has no plans to develop a new version of the Connector to work with Outlook 2007. The old one doesn't work with that version.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Bradley Morris" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the Oulook Connector
for Lotus Domino for Outlook 2007 (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?
Or, is there a way to make the old connector work for '07?

Thanks,
Bradley Morris

  #3  
Old January 18th 07, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
george.g.chen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes

too bad!!! and too sad... that will change my mind to migrate to
Office 2007!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
At the present time, Microsoft has no plans to develop a new version of the Connector to work with Outlook 2007. The old one doesn't work with that version.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Bradley Morris" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the Oulook Connector
for Lotus Domino for Outlook 2007 (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?
Or, is there a way to make the old connector work for '07?

Thanks,
Bradley Morris


  #4  
Old February 22nd 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Steven
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes

Hi,

The new Notes Connector for Exchange 2007 just came out last week.
So far the tests we have done have been 50-50.

Cheers,
Steven

"george.g.chen" wrote:

too bad!!! and too sad... that will change my mind to migrate to
Office 2007!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
At the present time, Microsoft has no plans to develop a new version of the Connector to work with Outlook 2007. The old one doesn't work with that version.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Bradley Morris" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the Oulook Connector
for Lotus Domino for Outlook 2007 (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?
Or, is there a way to make the old connector work for '07?

Thanks,
Bradley Morris



  #5  
Old March 5th 07, 12:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sjocan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes

There is a way to use outlook with lotus notes, by using Domino Access for
Microsoft Outlook 7.0.2. This version can be downloaded on the following
site:
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...=Domino+Access or
IBM lotus notes Trial site (about 36 MB). One remark before installing you
need to add "C:\Program Files\DominoForOutlook" to your Environment Variables!

This version has some limitations: In some way it works perfect, if you use
only one of both programs, Outlook 2007 or Lotus Notes, because replication
or synchronization between both do not work perfectly. Bugs I discovered:
Sending a mail from Outlook 2007, will save the mail in "Outlook 2007 sent
folder" but you will not find it back in the Lotus notes sent folder. Sending
from Lotus notes will replicate to Outlook! Same issues occur with changing
calendar items. But if only using one application, Outlook 2007 with DAMO or
Lotus Notes, seem to work correctly.

Hopefully, One of the developers, Microsoft or IBM might be knowledgeable or
able to develop an application that works correctly and completely in both
directions.

At this moment I do not have enough arguments to even propose the usage of
Outlook on a domino (lotus notes) database, good for IBM, pity for Microsoft.

If one discovered a better solution, please reply,

Thanks and cheers

"Steven" wrote:

Hi,

The new Notes Connector for Exchange 2007 just came out last week.
So far the tests we have done have been 50-50.

Cheers,
Steven

"george.g.chen" wrote:

too bad!!! and too sad... that will change my mind to migrate to
Office 2007!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
At the present time, Microsoft has no plans to develop a new version of the Connector to work with Outlook 2007. The old one doesn't work with that version.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Bradley Morris" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the Oulook Connector
for Lotus Domino for Outlook 2007 (cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?
Or, is there a way to make the old connector work for '07?

Thanks,
Bradley Morris



  #6  
Old April 11th 07, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Domino for Outlook 2007

Hi

I tried the Domino for Outlook and it does not work. I am using Outlook 2007.

I looked in the IBM_TECHNICAL_SUPPORT directory and found a file named mapi.log that listed a couple of dlls that could not load

NABPR32 and NXPPR32

I just noticed your comment about the environment variable so I will make sure and do that.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
  #7  
Old April 11th 07, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Set the environment variable

So, I need to know what you mean by set the environment variable. What is the variable name I am assigning the value of "C:\Program Files\DominoForOutlook" too?



EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
  #8  
Old April 12th 07, 01:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Sjocan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Set the environment variable

yes Bill,

In "My computer" - "Properties" - "Advanced" - "Environment Variables" -
section "system Variables" edit "Path" and add "C:\Program
Files\DominoForOutlook" accept and then it should work on the condition you
installed DAMO in that standard directory "C:\Program Files\DominoForOutlook"

Be also aware of the previous notes I made, if using Notes mail and Outlook
2007 together, you will see that not all activities are synchronized and
therefore both systems will contain part of the data.

Because of this, I returned to Outlook 2003 and am still unhappy.
Microsoft is providing a solution, but the installation is quite complex and
I did not try it yet.

hopefuly this helps

"Bill" wrote:

So, I need to know what you mean by set the environment variable. What is the variable name I am assigning the value of "C:\Program Files\DominoForOutlook" too?



EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

  #9  
Old September 20th 11, 12:50 PM
trustedtools trustedtools is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity at Outlookbanter: Sep 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Lotus Notes email client offers much better facilities then, Outlook. It offers database replication, document sharing, high security, etc.

If you are using Outlook and you have plans of changing Outlook to Notes then, you can choose Outlook to Notes converter to Convert Outlook PST to Lotus Notes NSF Free of Cost, read mo- http://www.systoolsgroup.com/outlook-to-notes.html


Regards
Jackson Paul
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error 0x80040102 Using Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes Roy Outlook - Installation 1 November 2nd 06 10:09 AM
Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes SJ Outlook - General Queries 0 October 31st 06 12:28 AM
Outlook + Lotus Notes Connector Bryan Outlook - Calandaring 3 March 28th 06 02:14 PM
Outlook Connector for Lotus Notes bpayne Outlook - General Queries 0 March 8th 06 02:57 PM
lotus notes 6.5.4 outlook connector mars211 Outlook - Installation 0 March 3rd 06 03:18 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 Outlook Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.