error 0x80070002

Old October 25th 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
outlook error[_2_]

Default error 0x80070002

the error 0x80070002 is showing in my outlook mail and i am unable to send
and receive. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?
Old October 25th 09, 09:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Roady [MVP]

It usually indicates a missing file but without further details about your
configuration, it is impossible to tell.
Version of Outlook?
Type of mail account?
What is the error message in full?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old January 16th 11, 11:09 PM
maurycy maurycy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlook error[_2_] View Post
the error 0x80070002 is showing in my outlook mail and i am unable to send
and receive. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?
Have you had any constructive answeres to your request? I am having the same problem and have no replies
Maurycy
Old August 17th 11, 02:08 PM
samurusawyer samurusawyer is offline
Junior Member

Users may be able to correct this error by deleting the update or restoring the computer to the point before the changes were made. Microsoft then suggests downloading and reinstalling the updates. If reinstallation does not work, the error may be resolved by changing the drive letter or reinstating the previous security settings.
Old September 28th 11, 12:36 PM
jenniffer jenniffer is offline
Banned

error 0x80070002 may be due to problem in your security settings. If have recently made any changes in your AV program then verify that it is allowing you to send of receive emails. If it is okay then it is sure that your PST file have got corrupted. You should instantly repair that file using scanpst.exe tool. If you are unable to locate the file on your system under program file folders then download scanpst.exe from some authorized source and then try to solve the problem.

Old October 9th 11, 07:14 AM
Julie178 Julie178 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlook error[_2_] View Post
the error 0x80070002 is showing in my outlook mail and i am unable to send
and receive. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?
It sometimes happens when some files lost when you update your system. Maybe there is some errors in your system or outlook software.