Any suggestions for setting up Outlook with peoplepc

Old March 1st 06, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
penylayn

Default Any suggestions for setting up Outlook with peoplepc

I am trying to set up my mom's peoplepc mail account with use of Outlook, NOT
Outlook express. The basic settings that were stated say 110 in pop and 547?
in the smtp. I have all of the settings right but it won't send email, it
will only receive. Any suggestions?
Old March 1st 06, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

See if the info here helps:
http://home.peoplepc.com/helpinfo/te...op3smtpOutlook

Looks like the SMTP port is supposed to be 587 not 547.

Old March 1st 06, 12:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
penylayn

Yes, I have it at the proper smtp setting, couldn't remember the exact number
when I posted my question. As I said all settings are per peoplepc's setup
instructions and I even sent them an email asking about using outlook versus
outlook express and settings. They referred me to Microsoft to get the
answers. As I said, it will receive but not send email and all of the
settings are per their instructions. 110 and 587 and the proper server
names.

Old March 1st 06, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

penylayn wrote:

Yes, I have it at the proper smtp setting, couldn't remember the
exact number when I posted my question. As I said all settings are
per peoplepc's setup instructions and I even sent them an email
asking about using outlook versus outlook express and settings. They
referred me to Microsoft to get the answers. As I said, it will
receive but not send email and all of the settings are per their
instructions. 110 and 587 and the proper server names.

Any error messages? Are you properly authenticating to the outgoing server?
--
Brian Tillman