Outlook Upgrade

Old March 1st 06, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Bobbi

Default Outlook Upgrade

Hi All:

Yesterday I upgrade one of my end users from Office 2000 to 2003. The
software was an upgrade not a full version. I selected upgrade and remove
old program verisons. After the installation, when Outlook was opened it
appeared that all the folders and email were present. However, some of the
folders were empty even though it showed new mail in the folder. Also
several items were missing. Lastly, the old version of Outlook was not
removed and when it is opened all the folders and email appear correctly.
Any assistance with fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old March 1st 06, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman

Bobbi wrote:

Yesterday I upgrade one of my end users from Office 2000 to 2003.
The software was an upgrade not a full version. I selected upgrade
and remove old program verisons. After the installation, when
Outlook was opened it appeared that all the folders and email were
present. However, some of the folders were empty even though it
showed new mail in the folder. Also several items were missing.
Lastly, the old version of Outlook was not removed and when it is
opened all the folders and email appear correctly. Any assistance
with fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The first thing to do is create a new mail profile and make sure it points
to the correct mail store.
--
Brian Tillman