Outlook 2002 and Norton Firewall

Old January 8th 06, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL

Default Outlook 2002 and Norton Firewall

you need to check your nis settings, as that is where the blocking is
occuring
if you are unable to reset these settings then it is likely that nis may be
corrupt, in some way. usually the only cure for that is to uninstall nis the
reinstall
PS win firewall only blocks incoming, nis, and others block outgoing also

"Walt" wrote in message
Recently Norton Internet Security stopped my ability to access my e-mail
account via Outlook. Have tried reloading the Firewall Program settings

but
they will not process properly. Can only access e-mail by turining off
Internet Security. Obviously not a good work around. Any thougts on the
matter?