Error message - email client

Old June 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
akr

Default Error message - email client

I've set up my email to send/receive through a Pop3 email account (Yahoo) and
when my computer sits idle for a while, I get an error message that says:
'Yahoo email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to
the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Does anyone know how to fix this? It keeps Outlook from updating my emails
as they come in to my Yahoo account. I've already checked with Yahoo and
they say the error is caused by my email client. The DSL connection is
always on so I don't know why the message says the connection was
interrputed. I am running Outlook 2003 (Professional) and my OS is Windows
XP. I have also checked my AV status which is 'Good'.
Old June 2nd 06, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Vincent

It is possible that your ISP is blocking SMTP traffic. I use Cox Cable, and
the only outgoing email they allow is through their SMTP server. My
secondary email account has to be configured with Cox's SMTP and the Reply to
set to my secondary email account. I got these errors all the time until I
made this change. Hope it helps.

You may want to contact your DSL provider to verify whether they are
blocking outgoing email requests or not.