How do I enable opening a browser from clicking an email link?

Old April 21st 06, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Admelior

Default How do I enable opening a browser from clicking an email link?

Brand new computer, brand new Office 2003 (with Outlook). Clicking on a link
in an email used to automatically open a browser on my previous computer (and
just about every computer I've ever used). I am familiar with Outlook but not
an expert and preferences and such. In short, I can't seem to find how to
enable this particular function. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.
Old April 23rd 06, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Jason

Hello Admelior
Try the follwing steps :-
Open Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet
Options - Programs - Reset Web Settings
Or
Else GOTO TOOLS--INTERNET OPTIONS--
ADVANCED--AND UNCHECK THE BOX ENABLE THIRD PARTY BROWSER EXTENSIONS(RESTART)

THEN RESTART THE COMPUTER.

Chetan saini

Old April 23rd 06, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Admelior

Else GOTO TOOLS--INTERNET OPTIONS--
ADVANCED--AND UNCHECK THE BOX ENABLE THIRD PARTY BROWSER EXTENSIONS(RESTART)

THEN RESTART THE COMPUTER.

That did it. Thanks very much for the quick reply!