Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't beloaded/installed

Old January 12th 10, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul[_11_]

Default Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't beloaded/installed

I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST
file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that
file, I got the error message

"The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using
Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ]

I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing.
I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.

I have the following two questions:

1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?

2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?
Old January 12th 10, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

Have you verified that path on your computer? Does the SAP folder exist?

1) Hard to say, you'll have to compare with your backups.
2) Provided you indeed don't have anything installed from SAP, locate
outcmd.dat and extend.dat and rename them to .old.
For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Old January 12th 10, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It's the SAP Calendar Synchronization Extension for Microsoft Outlook. It's
used for calendar sync with SAP. I'm not sure why it would error on journal
item, unless you accidently dropped them on the calendar folder.

I don't think you lost anything, but its impossible to know unless you
notice something missing.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

Old January 12th 10, 09:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul[_11_]

Since it's on a server, I rely on the organization to back up
according to their schedule...however, retrieving backups from them is
not a simple. Not a pit I want to get into unless I know I'm missing
something. Hypothetically, if I had the backup, is there a simple way
to compare large Journals without resorting to eyeballing?

About changing the dat files, I can't even seem to duplicate the error
by copying and moving around the journal entries between various dummy
pst files. I hope that doesn't mean the responsible Journal entries
were lost.

Old January 12th 10, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul[_11_]

Gosh, on a unix machine, it would be so straightforward to compare
files.

Mind you, that's only for mail files...special purpose apps like
Journal, that would depend on the app.

Old January 12th 10, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

There are tools to compare pst files, but you need an exact copy of the pst
before the move attempt. When you move stuff from the old folder to the
archive, there is nothing to compare and outlook doesn't log changes.

Old January 21st 10, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Paul[_11_]

I can get a copy of the PST prior to the issue. However, I`m having a
hard time finding apps that don't exactly synch pst files, but rather,
dredge through them to find items that differ. Would you be able to
point one out, please?

On Jan 12, 5:22*pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
There are tools to compare pst files, but you need an exact copy of the pst
before the move attempt. *When you move stuff from the old folder to the
archive, there is nothing to compare and outlook doesn't log changes.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=33803

"Paul" wrote:
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag
into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. *Within that PST
file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of
items). *When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST
file, I had no problem. *When I dragged my journal items into that
file, I got the error message

"The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could
not be installed or loaded. *The problem may be resolved by using
Detect and Repair on the Help menu." *[ OK ]

I had to press OK about 12 times before this message stopped showing..
I am not aware of using any application related to SAP.

I have the following two questions:

1. How can I tell whether I lost anything in the transfer?

2. What is that file for, and do I have to worry about it?- Hide quoted text -