Opening Attachments?

Old January 21st 10, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kris[_3_]

Default Opening Attachments?

I have a Win XP Sp3 machine with Outlook 2003 Sp3 installed. This has
worked previously. If I am looking at the email in the Reading Pane and
there is an attachment I can click the attachment it works correctly,
however if I "open" the email via a double click and then attempt to open
the attachment I get an error related to the Outlook Secure Temp folder.
There are no files in the OSTF location and the user has local admin rights
on the machine. Also if the user creates a new email and adds an attachment
and wants to view the file attached before sending there is also no luck.

FYI: No Viruses
No Google Crap
No permissions per user she is a domain admin and a local admin
It does work from the Reading Pane
Outlook Secure Temp folder exists correctly and proper permissions
are set

Thanks,

Kris

Old January 21st 10, 08:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roady [MVP]

What is the exact error returned?
If you set the location to the My Documents\OutlookTemp folder, does it work
then?

For next time; don't multipost but crosspost instead.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/