group recipients and naming of sender - recipients

Old September 2nd 09, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nip

Default group recipients and naming of sender - recipients

I have been receiving emails lately that have either 'undisclosed' as
the recipient or showing the senders name as both the sender and
recipient.
How is this done?
Using 2007 Outlook
Also have one email that comes in with the sender and recipient names
the same and it shows as being forwarded out on arrivial.
Why would this be, there is no rule set up to do this to anyone that I
can see and I can not find how to tell who it has been forwarded to.
Old September 2nd 09, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to himself and
BCC'd you.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"nip" wrote in message

I have been receiving emails lately that have either 'undisclosed' as
the recipient or showing the senders name as both the sender and
recipient.
How is this done?
Using 2007 Outlook
Also have one email that comes in with the sender and recipient names
the same and it shows as being forwarded out on arrivial.
Why would this be, there is no rule set up to do this to anyone that I
can see and I can not find how to tell who it has been forwarded to.- Hide quoted text -

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?
Old September 3rd 09, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to himself
and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the To line
was blank)

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Old September 3rd 09, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nip

On Sep 3, 10:49*am, F.H. Muffman wrote:
You were BCC'd on those messages. *Sender sent the message to himself
and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the To line
was blank)

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed recipients
Old September 3rd 09, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to
himself and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the
To line was blank)

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed recipients

It depends on the sending client and mail servers, IIRC. What is it you want
to do?

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Old September 3rd 09, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nip

On Sep 3, 1:21*pm, F.H. Muffman wrote:
You were BCC'd on those messages. *Sender sent the message to
himself and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the
To line was blank)

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed recipients

It depends on the sending client and mail servers, IIRC. What is it you want
to do?

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Send emails with undisclosed redipients in the to line
Old September 3rd 09, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to
himself and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the
To line was blank)

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed
recipients

It depends on the sending client and mail servers, IIRC. What is it
you want to do?

Send emails with undisclosed redipients in the to line

Just leave it blank and let whatever happens happen.

Or do a mail merge so people get their own address in the To line.
--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Old September 3rd 09, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
nip

On Sep 3, 2:41*pm, F.H. Muffman wrote:
You were BCC'd on those messages. *Sender sent the message to
himself and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie, the
To line was blank)

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed
recipients

It depends on the sending client and mail servers, IIRC. What is it
you want to do?

Send emails with undisclosed redipients in the to line

Just leave it blank and let whatever happens happen.

Or do a mail merge so people get their own address in the To line.
--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Ya I could do that but I was looking for an answer on how get it to do
the Undisclosed Recipient thing
Old September 3rd 09, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

On Sep 3, 2:41 pm, F.H. Muffman wrote:

You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to
himself and BCC'd you.

What about the ones received that say Undisclosed in the To box?

Same thing without the 'Sent the message to himself' part. (ie,
the To line was blank)

Tried it but I do not get a message showing To: undisclosed
recipients

It depends on the sending client and mail servers, IIRC. What is it
you want to do?

Send emails with undisclosed redipients in the to line

Just leave it blank and let whatever happens happen.

Or do a mail merge so people get their own address in the To line.

Ya I could do that but I was looking for an answer on how get it to do
the Undisclosed Recipient thing

Create a contact, name it Undisclosed Recipients and give it an email address
of and put that in the To line. You'll get a NDR, and not
all clients will show the display name, but, that might work for you.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP