After deleting local data file is mail still on the drive?

Old August 25th 09, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MHL[_2_]

Default After deleting local data file is mail still on the drive?

I have two email accounts: one Live and one Comcast. I set the Live one to
be the default Data file and Sender. Then I deleted the Local file.

My question is: Is the email (old mail that I imported over) that was
associated with the local data file that I removed still on my computer? If
so, where is the old mail located?

Thank you very much if you can assist me.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

Old August 26th 09, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MHL[_2_]

Anybody know if mail still resides on my drive after exporting it to Outlook
2007 from WLM and then removing the account from WLM?

Old August 26th 09, 07:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MHL[_2_]

Sorry, I meant does old imported mail still reside on my drive if I delete
the local data file in Outlook. Ugh.

Old August 26th 09, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

Is anything shown here?
c:\documents and settings\account\local settings\application
data\microsoft\windows live mail"MHL" booyakasha at mac dot com wrote in
message ...

Old August 26th 09, 09:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL[_2_]

You have to wait for a response, its not instant chat
BTW This group supports Outlook, not WLM

Old August 26th 09, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"MHL" booyakasha at mac dot com wrote in message

Sorry, I meant does old imported mail still reside on my drive if I delete
the local data file in Outlook. Ugh.

If the mail was in the Outlook PST that was the delivery location prior to you
switching to the Live Mail delivery location and you closed that PST in
Outlook but did not delete it from disk with Windows, then it is still in the
PST. If, however, you actually deleted the PST from the Windows file system
and emptied the Recycle Bin, then it is completely gone.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 26th 09, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
MHL[_2_]

Yes. No mail is in my Comcast folder because I deleted the account. But,
There is a Backup folder with a New folder and 3 files:

..log file
Mail.MSMessageStore
Mail.pat

The real problem here is in Outlook. I exported to Outlook from WLM. Then
just recently I made the Outlook Hotmail data file the default and removed
the local data file. Now the only Comcast mail I have is what was received
since I made these changes. I just want to know if removing the local data
file for my Comcast account in Outlook also permanently deleted the mail
files from my computer.
--
Michael