User cannot open calendar appointments, highlight email text, or viewemails in the preview pane

Old August 26th 09, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
QH

Default User cannot open calendar appointments, highlight email text, or viewemails in the preview pane

We have a 2003 domain and run Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003
clients. One user has 3 strange problems. She cannot open calendar
appointments (no error, just nothing happens), she cannot read the
email contents in the preview pane and has top open the email fully to
do so, and she cannot highlight text in the body of the email. It is
not to do with the Outlook installation itself as we run a Citrix
environment and she gets this problem when logged on to different
servers. I have deleted and recreated her profile. Interestingly it
seemed to sort the problem of opening meeting rooms temporarily, but
this issue quickly reappeared. I don't know why this is happening. Any
ideas?

Thanks,

QH
Old August 27th 09, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Do you use roaming profiles?
Did you try detect and repair?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Old August 27th 09, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
QH

Yes, we use roaming profilles on Citrix servers. The local profiles
are automatically deleted when people log off Citrix. It was the
roaming profile I recreated. I can't repair Outlook as it is an
installation on a terminal server, not a desktop, and literally dozens
of other people use the same installation with no problem.

Thanks,

QH

On 27 Aug, 01:28, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
Do you use roaming profiles?
Did you try detect and repair?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com

Outlook Tips by email:

"QH" wrote in message

We have a 2003 domain and run Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003
clients. One user has 3 strange problems. She cannot open calendar
appointments (no error, just nothing happens), she cannot read the
email contents in the preview pane and has top open the email fully to
do so, and she cannot highlight text in the body of the email. It is
not to do with the Outlook installation itself as we run a Citrix
environment and she gets this problem when logged on to different
servers. I have deleted and recreated her profile. Interestingly it
seemed to sort the problem of opening meeting rooms temporarily, but
this issue quickly reappeared. I don't know why this is happening. Any
ideas?

Thanks,

QH- Hide quoted text -