Error Message - receiving 0x80040154

Old June 9th 09, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lori

Default Error Message - receiving 0x80040154

Can't receive any emails - received this message of 0x80040154

I can send email with no problems - already re-did my profile.

Running Vista Ultimate with Outlook 2003
Old June 9th 09, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

The error code is meaningless without the rest of the message, please post
the entire error message, word for word. I've seen reports that this error
can be corrected by installing Office 2003 Service Pack 3.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.

Old June 9th 09, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you scanning incoming email with an antivirus scanner? (if so, uninstall
it and reinstall without the email integration.)

What firewall do you use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old June 9th 09, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lori

The error message is:

"Task - Receiving' reported error (0x80040154): Unknown Error 0x80040154)

Hope this gives some lite into solving my problem.

Lori

Old June 9th 09, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes

Lori

Try the following Start\Run and regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

Post back with result

--
Peter

Old June 9th 09, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lori

When I start and hit run and in the open box I typed regsvr32 inetcomm.dll
the following message came:

module "inetcomm.dll" was loaded but entry-ppoint dll register server was
not found. Make sure that "inetcomm.dll" is a valid dll or ocx file and try
again.

How do you do this?

Lori

Old June 9th 09, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lori

I installed SP3 and still receive the same message - should I try to
uninstall office 3 and then reinstall?

Please help

Old June 9th 09, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What antivirus do you use? it may include a firewall, otherwise its probably
the basic windows firewall - that would not cause a problem.

No need to remove SP3 - at most, try detect and repair (Help menu). I don't
think it will help, but it won't hurt and only takes a few min. If the
problem recently started, using system restore to revert to a time when it
worked might fix it.