can not send emails

Old June 4th 09, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alethea OToole

Default can not send emails

My outlook is receiving emails fine but the sending is not working. I have
the smtp set to 25.
Old June 5th 09, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I]

Setting SMTP to port 25 may or may not be correct, who is your ISP or email
provider (if different from your ISP)?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.

Old June 5th 09, 07:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Alethea OToole wrote:

My outlook is receiving emails fine but the sending is not working. I have
the smtp set to 25.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone ELSE
to understand your post other than just yourself. Also remember that no
one here is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
on (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually
move on to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp
If you use a webnews client, like Microsoft's Communities or Google
Groups, those are gateways to Usenet.

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error messages:
- Do NOT describe an error message.
- Do NOT summarize an error message.
- Do NOT paraphrase an error message.
- Do NOT truncate an error message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge/star out personal info,
like your username).
Old June 5th 09, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Billy Williams[_2_]

Who is your ISP? When I use the connector on my home network (Verizon FIOS)
it works fine but when using it on my work corporate LAN, it does that
sometimes.

Old June 8th 09, 08:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alethea OToole[_2_]

That may be the problem. I had put in the smtp for Microsoft since that is
where my email addresses originate from...but no...att is the provider for my
internet service. I was thinking that the computer needed to talk to email
service but it needs to talk to network providing the internet service? I
guess I will see if I can find the smtp for att and see if that makes the
difference. Can someone respond and let me know if that sounds right? Thanks.

Old June 9th 09, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

"Alethea OToole" wrote in message

That may be the problem. I had put in the smtp for Microsoft since that is
where my email addresses originate from...but no...att is the provider for
my
internet service. I was thinking that the computer needed to talk to email
service but it needs to talk to network providing the internet service? I
guess I will see if I can find the smtp for att and see if that makes the
difference. Can someone respond and let me know if that sounds right?
Thanks.

Your computer must talk to your Internet Service Provider. Your mail client
must talk to your mail service provider. You say you get your mail from
Microsoft. AT&T provides mail service, too, via Yahoo! Which mail
provider are you using? If MSN/Hotmail, what version of Outlook? What
settings have you specified for your account? Be precise and complete,
hiding only your real mail address when you tell us what you've chosen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]