Old June 9th 09, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default can not send emails

"Alethea OToole" wrote in message

That may be the problem. I had put in the smtp for Microsoft since that is
where my email addresses originate from...but no...att is the provider for
my
internet service. I was thinking that the computer needed to talk to email
service but it needs to talk to network providing the internet service? I
guess I will see if I can find the smtp for att and see if that makes the
difference. Can someone respond and let me know if that sounds right?
Thanks.

Your computer must talk to your Internet Service Provider. Your mail client
must talk to your mail service provider. You say you get your mail from
Microsoft. AT&T provides mail service, too, via Yahoo! Which mail
provider are you using? If MSN/Hotmail, what version of Outlook? What
settings have you specified for your account? Be precise and complete,
hiding only your real mail address when you tell us what you've chosen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]