Collating response times to incoming emails

Old April 11th 08, 09:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steve[_13_]

Default Collating response times to incoming emails

Hi
The organisation I'm working at needs to produce a regular report that
indicates how quickly incoming emails sent to a particular email
address are responded to. The inbox where these emails will reside
can be accessed by any number of staff but we are not interested in
holding info on who sends off the reply. Is there an add on to
Outlook 2003 that can export info on the time each email came in and
the time each one was responded to? Failing that, is there a way
using Visual Basic 6 to access that information? Nothing fancy is
required, all I need is email received this date, email replyed to
this date. I could then import this into Excel to show any trends,
etc. Any advice here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stephen
Old April 11th 08, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

use the replied to cfg he http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm
and either let excel do the how long it took calc or add a 'how long' field
and do the calc in outlook. then copy and paste from outlook to excel. id
you know vba, you could automate it.

These two pages cover the basics of custom fields and copying data:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/remindertime.htm
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]