Advanced Find

Old April 10th 08, 04:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bob[_11_]

Default Advanced Find

Hi All,

I am using Outlook 2007, connected to a 2003 exchange server.

I have 6 other users Mailboxes open.

For some reason I cannot get Advanced find to search subfolders on the other
users accounts.

I am wanting to search for emails to or from a certain person in all the
open mailboxes - but it just sits forever and doesn't find anything.

If I go to a single folder, then it works as expected - but still won't
search any subfolders.

Any tips?

Old April 10th 08, 04:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bob[_11_]

Hi Diane,

It says on that page that "Outlook 2007's Instant Search used the Windows
Desktop Search engine to provide instant searches."

How do I use the Instant search to search other users subfolders?

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote in message
Advanced find can only search the main mailbox's folders all at once.
you'll need to search each folder individually or use a different search
tool.

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

Old April 10th 08, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You'll need to open the folder you want to search and type in the search
terms. If you choose all mail folders, it will search your mail folders, not
the selected mailbox. You can try selecting the top level mailbox and
searching - I thought instant search was limited to one folder too but so
far it seems to search the entire mailbox as it is still searching for my
test string that I know is in two folders. It is *very* slow (in part
because the mailbox is not cached or indexed). I had a total of about 2000
messages in that mailbox and it hasn't found the messages in over 5 min of
searching, so it may eventually error. At this rate browsing for the message
would be faster. g

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old April 11th 08, 03:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bob[_11_]

As far as I can see, when searching the top level mailbox, it never finds
anything - I left it running for more than 48 hours, with no results.

Old April 11th 08, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You were more patient than I - I gave up after an hour. g

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:

[...]